2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bobble saying tonight that Moshiri has gone all in on Benitez giving him complete control. Unlikely we'll see the back of him any time soon yet.
Heard that myself however he's not saying he won't sack him just that he's basically screwed himself into making it very difficult to sack him as if he did we'd be left with no coaching, fitness or scouting staff basically. Also that every club more or less has a chief scout /DoF except us now.

Carragher was on saying that Benitez has these power struggles at every club doesn't matter the set up but he did mention that he thinks Benitez has the experience to keep a cool head and the team has enough there to pick up enough points for us to be safe. He also thinks he'll get til at least the end of the season and thinks the club could reevaluate then. Was an interesting listen. Personally I still think he'll be sacked soon which is actually worrying too considering how we've been left with no staff

They did, but that bad from the fans, support the team when they are playing, during the 90s minutes of play that should be priority.
Same with booing Rondon before he came on, that's not supporting the club.
So everyone should just sit there happy clapping?
The stadium is the only place they can voice an opinion which will be really heard.

The Bobble saying tonight that Moshiri has gone all in on Benitez giving him complete control. Unlikely we'll see the back of him any time soon yet.
A random and weird thought based on nothing but total bewilderment as to why we would persevere with an arrangement that clearly isn’t working.

If Moshiri’s reported infatuation with Benitez is actually true and given Brands’ recent departure. Is there a danger that the current strategic review sees FSW installed as our director of football, with a new managerial appointment of his choice incoming to appease us plebs ?

I've not been hugely pro or anti Benitez, but with him getting so much wrong in recent months (five at the back home to Brighton for starters) allied to his very divisive appointment, fall outs with one of our best players in Digne, it's obvious a parting of the ways would be a step forward for this club.

And, finally, the removal of Kenwright would more be more like 10 steps forward.

Heard that myself however he's not saying he won't sack him just that he's basically screwed himself into making it very difficult to sack him as if he did we'd be left with no coaching, fitness or scouting staff basically. Also that every club more or less has a chief scout /DoF except us now.

Carragher was on saying that Benitez has these power struggles at every club doesn't matter the set up but he did mention that he thinks Benitez has the experience to keep a cool head and the team has enough there to pick up enough points for us to be safe. He also thinks he'll get til at least the end of the season and thinks the club could reevaluate then. Was an interesting listen. Personally I still think he'll be sacked soon which is actually worrying too considering how we've been left with no staff
Bizarre they the narrative has become about Benitez being experienced enough to fend off relegation.

If we are in a relegation battle, he's heavily responsible for that.

I'd say it's baffling that he's still here, let alone being handed huge amounts of control within the club - while he steers us towards the championship - but it was baffling we ever appointed him in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.