2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The poll would be much different if it was done during the first 6 games of the season. Swing voters will always vote based on the recency bias theory. If Everton starts winning again and Everton looks to be improving after the changes he made, I suspect a similar poll will see a swing in the other direction.

A theory of mine but it seems like Moshiri has been doing what fans wanted for a long time, appoint someone with football knowledge, Benitez, hands him power and retreat into the background without meddling. Maybe the 500m wasted has woke him up, maybe he is focused on the stadium. Maybe Usmanov is insisting.

You can disagree with his choice but he seems to be doing what many wanted.
If only he had “focused” on the stadium and the business side of things! Then appoint the right people to do the right jobs etc, and not kept sticking his nose into the football side if things I suspect he’d have spent a lot less than £500m and we wouldn’t be the basket case we are at the moment!

Well that's exactly what makes it an awkward position isn't it. He's managed the club to it's worst run of results in 20 odd years with our worst possession figures since records began and the fans in the stands are openly hostile towards him and yet his job is seemingly rock solid. It's hard to see how the position could be any more awkward to be honest but I have a horrible feeling we'll find out soon enough.
It is not awkward because the manager is solidly in charge at the club and management have no thought whatsoever of getting rid of him.

If the fans opinions were even in the slightest bit a consideration he would not have ever been appointed.

Benitez will have long, long retired by the time they’re in a position to challenge for trophies if that time actually comes. What are you actually expecting them to do in the near future?
not much. but managing them will be much easier than us. Money no object, they've probably priced in relegation. if he wanted an easier life he'd go there.

You ran your own private poll after the game I assume?

Tbf mate there is a difference between the forum / twitter user Evertonian and the vast majority of match going blues who don't engage with all of it.

The 27 for 27 thing highlighted that.

I get your frustration though, if Benitez found himself inside a cannon and I had some matches on me, I'd almost certainly light the fuse. However, we are seeing a clear out of backroom failures that I don't think many other managers would do.

It's crap, man. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we pull the trigger on him we are going to set back by millions paying Benitez out and getting someone new in and then the team is once again going to struggle with more chop and change. If we keep him, it's probably gonna be a miserable old season in which we finish midtable and the managers is the topic of conversation about everything.

no. I just note that he loves the area, never moved away. He could go to Newcastle tomorrow and fill his boots, But he wants to win here. A much tougher proposition.
He could have took on Tranmere or Marine if that was the case. Local club, a challenge, defo not about the money there like. Build them up, get them up the leagues. Now THAT is ambition.

if it was about money he would go to Newcastle and double his salary tomorrow
But that's what we're saying, it's not about money apparently. So if he wanted to stay in the area and have a challenge whilst benefitting the football eco-system of the region he loves, he could have gone there. Or Wigan.

Nope, not about the money at all. Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.