2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kev, @Groucho has posted almost exclusively in favour of Benitez since his appointment,. I can't put words in @Kev The Rat 's mouth, so I have no idea whether Mr Marx is one of the illustrious 4, but he's certainly a pro-Benitez poster. So whether his post was valid or not, pointing out that his starting position was pro-Benitez is entirely reasonable.
I’m neither pro nor anti, I just want us to do well regardless of who is in charge.

Everton Game Week 17 current + last seven seasons:

2021/22 - 19 pts GD -8

2020/21 - 29 pts GD +6
2019/20 - 18 pts GD -9
2018/19 - 24 pts GD +2
2017/18 - 22 pts GD -8
2016/17 - 23 pts GD 0
2015/16 - 23 pts GD 7
2014/15 - 21 pts GD 0

Ancelloti's great start last season is the only stand out season there. Had the arse not fell out of the lads against Watford this season we'd be sitting on 22 pts with a GD of -4 which is in and around where we've been the last 7 seasons.
But we aren't. And that's what matters.

No sensible fan wants a club to sack a manager who has only been in charge barely five months especialy when he has spent no money and has never been able to field his strongest team.
I don’t believe for one second if Ancelotti was in a similar position there would be anything like calls for the manager to be sacked and would go as far as to say they would turn on the suits above before the manager. The form or result record would’nt come into it as long as the club was not in relagation danger and no matter what the drama queens say this has not and won’t ever be in the equation because there are some really poor teams in the league.

Benitez has took a job no serious manager would touch with a barge pole despite what some deluded fans think and he should applauded not turned on.
For me the main difference between Ancelotti and our current manager is that for periods Ancelotti’s Everton played good ,even very good, football, where as Benitez’ teams have not.
In fact throughout his career Benitez has favoured the kind of boring football I have come to despise and I certainly do not relish watching it played by an Everton team forevermore.

For me the main difference between Ancelotti and our current manager is that for periods Ancelotti’s Everton played good ,even very good, football, where as Benitez’ teams have not.
In fact throughout his career Benitez has favoured the kind of boring football I have come to despise and I certainly do not relish watching it played by an Everton team forevermore.
Last season under CA we were all very positive at this stage of the season, it was after Christmas that the wheels fell off.

We can only hope this season will be the reverse of that.

See Arsenal are now in 4th, three wins in a row. Apparently they were rubbish though when we played them.
Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal - all "rubbish" according to the paintbrush mafia because a Benitez managed Everton team took points off them.

If they had their choice of the Galloot as manager and we'd picked up points from all those top teams he'd have been touted as the next new coaching genius.

These people will be at this when we're comfortably top half and completely stabilised.

When we beat them the win was decried by the detractors of our manager as barely worth mentioning because Arsenal apparently were terrible. They don’t look terrible to me.
It was a good win but hardly a convincing one and the fact we were so easily and convincingly brushed aside by Palace a few days later points to the Arsenal victory owing a lot to home advantage, and the personal flair of Gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.