2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be careful about bringing the salary into it - I don’t believe it’s relevant

It’s not a reason to hurl abuse at people and impact their mental health - thinking ‘they’re OK because they earn tonnes of money’

I saw Ross Barkley not too long ago away from the pitch and he looked pretty miserable

Anyone in any job will benefit from support and patience through tough times

I believe Benitez deserves time before forming a judgment

Martinez is an example of this - he was given time but for whatever reason didn’t set us up to defend properly - in the end he had to go and rightly so

But Benitez is way off that stage and given his track record elsewhere he may well come good

His main problem, despite having managed Real Madrid, Napoli, Inter, Valencia and Chelsea is that he managed Liverpool and some fans can’t get beyond that
Of course salary matters, the more your paid the more should he expected of you, just the way the world works.

Not wanting benitez isn't purely down to him being a fat kopite scumbag, he just happens to be that as well as a terrible manager. We didn't want him because he's a terrible manager and hasn't been anything other than terrible for years.

Also fck Barkley, he made his bed when he decided to rinse the club out of 20m for his own greed so I hope he is miserable.

Watching the latest press conference, he is coming across as a victim with his injuries and lack of transfers but also is looking like a dead man walking with comments like "just job is more difficult", the past last five years plus the personal issues with key players.

Yes the last 5 years are just horrible but under Benitez it's worse than it ever has. If he really is talking to Moshiri and the board daily then he must have his head in the noose already because if we do get beat v Chelsea, we will want to lose in dignity however Leicester is the key game.

Leicester are going through a Covid spate so this may not get the go-ahead but if it does, this is a must win especially with fans on the edge.

I don't want Everton to fail but this manager is going out of his way to do so.

I have read through your post and think you have made some valid points, will go through some if I may...

When Mike Walker left and Walter Smith came in Everton Football Club were still regarded as a biggish club.. still a big draw for a manager and Everton had been League Champions less than ten years before.. the club was at the time still regarded as one of the so called big five..

Now fast forward to now.. the Club has remained trophyless for coming up to thirty years, they are no longer regarded by the footballing community as a big club only by its own fans and have had manager revolving door as fast as Real Madrid last five or six years. What I am trying to get across is the Club is no longer as attractive as it once was so bringing in top managers is virtually impossible.

The other point you make about maybe a young and up and coming manager.. keen to make a go of it coming in is also unfortunately going to be just as difficult.. the have seen first hand with the treatment of Benitez there is a fanbase here who don’t give managers time.. don’t excuse terrible injury crisis and don’t care if the manager gets no real money.. they would basically eat a young manager with no real experience alive.. which young manager wants to risk his reputation or cut his teeth in such a poisonous environment.

Your final point about what Benitez has done well since he has been here is a difficult one to answer but will try to give you my thoughts.. I think in some situations the man has not helped himself and like all managers with hindsight he could of done better.. I think he knows more than most of us regarding what’s going on behind scenes so maybe that’s why certain players don’t play.. do play or get left out for certain reasons we know nothing about.. look at the Richarlison situation against Palace when he was dragged off.. we never knew the extent of the injury but he did.. he has the experience in the game to know what makes a successful football club he has managed Liverpool.. Madrid.. Inter Milan and Chelsea he can’t of gone there and not seen how they tick.. this is why he has started the build.. upsetting people too comfy in there positions.. won the battle over transfers with Brands.. got stuck into the medical set up all things he feels he can do better with with full control.. the problem is you want get to see the benefits overnight and fans or should I say the SKY Sports brigade won’t wait.. it’s just a modern fan thing no patience...

The club won’t get relagated that’s a fact.. even the most anti Benitez fan knows there are far worse teams below and they also know deep down once the injury list clears and a kinder run of fixtures come in.. the club will move up the
I read this whole thing and I still think he’s should be sacked.

When Mike Walker left and Walter Smith came in Everton Football Club were still regarded as a biggish club.. still a big draw for a manager and Everton had been League Champions less than ten years before.. the club was at the time still regarded as one of the so called big five..
That's not true at all.

We were getting 13k a week at Goodison when Kendall left for the second time. Our glory days although not too far away timewise may as well have been a million miles away. By the time Smith took over we were perennial relegation candidates.

We are a much bigger draw now, we are one of the highest paying clubs in the world manager wise and the Premier League is much much bigger now than it was then (and not for the better).

The wheels fell off our 80's success pretty quickly.

I give up Southampton going to Palace and winning at HT, we looked absolutely petrified.... We are going down, Southampton above us as it stands, we do have a game in hand v Chelsea away tomorrow.......

Only Leeds and Watford between us and Relegation Zone
And we have a mid table championship side at best!

Our worst run of results in decades, and you come back with “it’s a difficult competition”. What is this “track record” you speak of? I assume you’re talking about the things he did 7+ years ago? Or perhaps you’re talking about relegation with Newcastle? Or failing in China?

“A good few years” eh? Well that’s a positive. I wonder how many more runs of 1 win in 10 we have to look forward to in those good few years?

There’s no possible way you’re not on a windup.
On here with a £70m valuation suggests being a dedicated fan of the club

There aren’t many good managers out there - we’ve had some of the best we could have attracted and they all eventually come up short in the eyes of the fans

So are they the problem or is there a deeper problem with the whole setup that long-standing fans like yourself should be questioning?

Benitez should be at his peak at 61. Would he do better if supported (boosting his confidence, giving time to implement plans etc) or if not (generally increasing his stress levels and impacting his confidence which would likely transmit to the players and impact results - I’d understood the fans want good results but would have played quite a big part in that scenario in bringing about bad ones?)?

If not Benitez, who would we get? Wayne Rooney is being mentioned in the press. I don’t think just moving from person to person will improve things

On here with a £70m valuation suggests being a dedicated fan of the club

There aren’t many good managers out there - we’ve had some of the best we could have attracted and they all eventually come up short in the eyes of the fans

So are they the problem or is there a deeper problem with the whole setup that long-standing fans like yourself should be questioning?

Benitez should be at his peak at 61. Would he do better if supported (boosting his confidence, giving time to implement plans etc) or if not (generally increasing his stress levels and impacting his confidence which would likely transmit to the players and impact results - I’d understood the fans want good results but would have played quite a big part in that scenario in bringing about bad ones?)?

If not Benitez, who would we get? Wayne Rooney is being mentioned in the press. I don’t think just moving from person to person will improve things
There are plenty of managers out there. The question is would Moshiri get it right?

There is a pretty major question here, one that doesn't get asked enough to his backers.

You do know he is going to fail regardless of how long he is in the job right?

Status
Not open for further replies.