2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I explained why league position is more important. You disagree that if you have a lot of weak teams in a league the top few will earn more points?

Your assumption is that the league is the same strength every year and you ignore covid affecting the situation too.

What you said didnt make sense.

It's pretty much the ame teams every year. Points is a much better measure than position (like when we got 8th under Allardyce on 48 points).

I've been very consistent in this, since before Benitez arrived. He would be judged on points. It's not good enough.

…but @davek said he was at one with his players, joining them on the pitch.

Says everything about the quality of the man.
…but @davek said he was at one with his players, joining them on the pitch.

Says everything about the quality of the man.
….a great old manager of mine told me the best managers don’t take off their best players because they win matches even when not playing well. Things like that stick in your mind.

Richarlison off for Rondon will not only isolate the fans, it will further isolate the players. They won’t respect a man who has an agenda linked to his ego.
He said in his interview they agreed at half time they would give richarlison 5 mins to see how’s his injury was . Now what I saw of richarlison reaction to being taken off that dident seem right . Surly he can’t lie about this

Straight in with the daggers.

Untitled.png

I'm not one of the 'let's blame everything on the owner and board, Rafä is a god' brigade. Benitez had made such reasoning his go to excuse at Liverpool when the American owners came, Newcastle who were owned by Mike Ashley when he took the job (so he knew the score) and now here. The elephant in the room is Benitez not the different boards at different clubs at different times

Everton have finished top half or featured in the top half for most of the seasons under his immediate predecessors, except Unsworth. Now we have the master tactician in charge with his wonderfully successful zonal marking etc. This isn't the first season we've endured injury lists etc, it's not something new, it's every single sesson! No need to make an exception and nake excuses for serious underperformance just for this manager.

One great comeback at home against Arsenal and then it's straight back to situation normal. Another weekend with Benitez in charge, another defeat - same old, same old....

The win against Arsenal wasn't so much a turning point but rather an upward blip on a steady downward trajectory as the master tactician guides us into championship oblivion.

Did Benitez say Richy was injured and had to come off?!?

Christ, if that's his reaction to being subbed off injured, then I dunno wtf is going on anymore?

He's still bangin on about the running stats like it's great we running more - it's only because we are chasing shadows in all areas of the pitch.

Sick of saying it - play the bloody kids ahead of the likes of Delph, holgate, Keane, Rondon - they are finished as footballers at this club.

Would love to see Simms, onyango, branthwaite Dobbin giving a chance - if he was truthful about managing the players fitness they would have already been involved more than they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.