2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look it at it from my view. Immediately after the Arsenal result I came on here and STILL said I expected us to lose to Palace, but I know, deep down, wholeheartedly, that the solution is consistency. It's so easy to blame the highly visible figurehead but Jesus H Christ the alternative is more patchword quilt squad building with ANOTHER temporary manager in charge.

Just write off the season! Do what I did in September and understand we have absolutely NOTHING as a squad! Why is that so hard???
I dont expect us to be good but I expect us to be average like we have been under all other recent managers.

This record of 5 points in 30 is atrocious. The worst in my lifetime. I won't write off any season because that's giving him a free pass and none of you gave the previous managers a free pass.

Why is this manager held to different standards?

Is this actually the real Gazza??!!

I’m curious, where are we picking up 41 points over the remaining 22 games given that we’re just about scrapping 1 ppg at the minute

I'm not saying we'll get them, just that if we can match last season we'd have a good chance of Europe this time.

Get Chelsea out the way and the games do get easier. It relies on DCL staying fit and signing a few players next month.

The problem is we have too many dead ducks in the squad regardless of your feelings towards the manager.

Look at that starting 11 tonight:

Coleman
Delph
Gomes
Holgate
Townsend
Godfrey

These aint top 7-10 quality players.

The reality is we're a mid table outfit with a handful of good yet at times anonymous players.

No quick fix regardless of what happens with Benitez imo. Finishing 10th + 12th with Ancelotti should have been a wake up call to how bad our recruitment has been over the years.

We've conceded 28 goals so far

The same squad conceded 19 at the same point last season.

It's 100% Benitez and how he's set them up. They're limited bunch of players (good and bad) yet he wants some strange compact/counter attacking side with no attacking fullbacks. He hasn't a clue.

And we're expecting to give him full reign??

Look it at it from my view. Immediately after the Arsenal result I came on here and STILL said I expected us to lose to Palace, but I know, deep down, wholeheartedly, that the solution is consistency. It's so easy to blame the highly visible figurehead but Jesus H Christ the alternative is more patchword quilt squad building with ANOTHER temporary manager in charge.

Just write off the season! Do what I did in September and understand we have absolutely NOTHING as a squad! Why is that so hard???
I'm not just blaming the figurehead. Benitez isn't the only problem. A fair few of the players, most of them, aren't good enough, we know that.

But they shouldn't be this bad.

The other issues at the club, well 3 of them have been removed now. DBB is on her way. Kenwright is to blame for a lot but he doesn't pick the team. The only other issue is Moshiri, who is the one who picked Benitez and is backing him to the hilt...

So it's like a vicious cycle because if you look to absolve anyone of blame then the channels of blame just loop around to them anyway. But as far as on-field performances go, Benitez is in charge of that and the run is 2 wins in 13 games, only one or two teams have a worst defence than us in the league.... it's grim

Maybe because we don't want to continue our slide into the Championship? What fool wouldn't look at stopping the rot?

We're not going down... We'll finish around 13th-14th but if we have the guts to apply some consistency and develop a platform/plan, we'll be able to kick on.

I've said on here repeatedly that come January if we looked certs for relegation - e.g. under 20 points - then fine, sack, but we're not there yet!

Had this view.

Issue is mate, Benitez isn't the man to improve this squad.

He was the fall guy. The interim job.

Moshiri has give the fella who mentally retired when he went to China the full gig - he's got full control and it's going to send us backwards.

You said you feared relegation before Arsenal.

This team was closer to the title than relegation last season.

The squad is all but the same, we're only missing a few now and injuries are part of the game.

Sure, we're bad.

But Benitez - backed by Moshiri, is going to send us the wrong way.

We're not going down... We'll finish around 13th-14th but if we have the guts to apply some consistency and develop a platform/plan, we'll be able to kick on.

I've said on here repeatedly that come January if we looked certs for relegation - e.g. under 20 points - then fine, sack, but we're not there yet!

There's an arrogance to this post that you don't believe we're bad enough to go down. 5pts from 30 available is relegation form.

don't get so wound up. A lot of the criticism in here of Benitez is unhinged. It's just footy at the end of the day. We are in a tunnel at the moment, but we'll be in a better place when we get our key players back. Everyone knows the squad we[ve got. You take Allan Mina and DCL out of it, and we could lose any game we play in.

One of the problems the fans have too often said about the club, the manager, the players is that it’s too nice, too safe. Pandering.

I do not have a problem with a manager coming in and shaking some players up, dropping them and telling them they aren’t good enough, this team has needed that for years.

No matter how you set a team up, if you have players like Gray, Godfrey and Coleman making the mistakes they did today, you’ll lose games. That’s nothing to do with tactics, that is individual errors, lack of concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.