2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That he gave Richarlison 5 minutes because Richarlison had a calf injury (which yes he did in the first half) and that was the plan just to give him 5 minutes.

The change was made in the 59th minute.

He then said: "It's disappointing that the people [the fans] don't realise, because Rondon was an important player"

He also claimed Everton had 'control of the game' - direct quote - and that Palace just took their chances, despite the fact that they were very wasteful

Blaming the fans already. Slippery slope.

If you care about the long term welfare of the club then you want a manager who is not dividing the club from top to bottom. Giving full control to this man will leave us in the championship. He spends his time looking for confrontation. Is it any wonder we dont win 3 points often when he's more concerned about backroom squabbles and freezing players out the squad.

The results are abysmal. Its a results business. He deserves the boot.

Look it at it from my view. Immediately after the Arsenal result I came on here and STILL said I expected us to lose to Palace, but I know, deep down, wholeheartedly, that the solution is consistency. It's so easy to blame the highly visible figurehead but Jesus H Christ the alternative is more patchword quilt squad building with ANOTHER temporary manager in charge.

Just write off the season! Do what I did in September and understand we have absolutely NOTHING as a squad! Why is that so hard???

I had a bad feeling about this when I saw Allan was out and Gomes was in a 3. I've seen him disappear so many times, he didn't quite do that today but. I actually thought we'd get the equaliser once we got one back, we had them on the rack for a bit. But that first half and the goals conceded were just weird. Who do I blame, mostly the players. I really can't stand them. . What do you do when the team gives up goals like today. We had a poor first half, seemed to have weathered the storm, and then gave him a simply dreadful goal. No serious team concede s like that. They then con the referee for the crucial second with the foul on Coleman. But my god the third. Sheer unprofessionalism.
If you are needing brave performances from Delph and Gomes to keep you in the game, then you're in a bit of a pickle. I reckon he dragged Richi off cos he's carrying an injury, cos he was not on it today. Again though, the formation was wrong. Ironically, if he'd played the formation he'd wanted with the personnel, so Rondon on from the start and a four in midfield I think we'd have made a better fist of it. The positives are Rondon looks like he ca make a contribution from here on in, and Gordon nearly got us back in this game. B ut this team has got so many problems. if we can get Allan and Mina back sharpish things will look better.

As much as the glass half full me wants Benitez to be the winner here, rule with an iron fist and cement his position having taken on Brands, and the medical staff and one or two players, to come out smelling the roses, it's just not what's happening. Is it 1 win in ten? And the goals conceded Arsenal must be kicking themselves they only scored one. Something's got to give. Everton Football Club continue to embarrass us.

I would expect and hope we get beat against Chelsea.

We cant be giving Liverpool a leg up.

We easily have the PL status in hand especially when DCL come back in and we get our signing's in January.

Lecicester and Newcastle. We can get 4-6 points there and off we go into January.
The Arsenal result was an aberration that convinced many that all was OK.
We needed a win today to show that it wasn't a fluke. Chelsea and Leicester upcoming and we'll get zilch from those games. I do admire your optimistic hope for those two games you mention and I sincerely hope your forecast comes true. I just hate being an Evertonian at the moment and the whiff of a doomsday scenario with Benitez running the show looms large.

I would expect and hope we get beat against Chelsea.

We cant be giving Liverpool a leg up.

We easily have the PL status in hand especially when DCL come back in and we get our signing's in January.

Lecicester and Newcastle. We can get 4-6 points there and off we go into January.
Dave, do you really honestly feel as though we won’t have a problem staying up?

Look it at it from my view. Immediately after the Arsenal result I came on here and STILL said I expected us to lose to Palace, but I know, deep down, wholeheartedly, that the solution is consistency. It's so easy to blame the highly visible figurehead but Jesus H Christ the alternative is more patchword quilt squad building with ANOTHER temporary manager in charge.

Just write off the season! Do what I did in September and understand we have absolutely NOTHING as a squad! Why is that so hard???

Maybe because we don't want to continue our slide into the Championship? What fool wouldn't look at stopping the rot?

We're as close to the European places as the relegation spots and that's with DCL to come back. We'd be only 7 off 4th had we turned up today.

59 points would get you a lot better than 10th this season.
Is this actually the real Gazza??!!

I’m curious, where are we picking up 41 points over the remaining 22 games given that we’re just about scrapping 1 ppg at the minute

The only person talking about Lampard is you (at least you've moved on from Potter I suppose).

I just want to see us try to win games, not just try (and fail) to not lose. I can't see that happening under Benitez, he isn't interested in setting us up to play football.

We all do Windy but mid season with little money to spend we aint getting anyone better in.

Best to write the season off if things dont improve and see what the owner does at the seasons end.

Status
Not open for further replies.