2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he set out to play this way today. More likely the players are no longer fully responding to his instruction, not sure if the rift with Digne is beginning to spread across the team. I don’t think we can survive relegation if this continue to deteriorate.

The problem is we have too many dead ducks in the squad regardless of your feelings towards the manager.

Look at that starting 11 tonight:

Coleman
Delph
Gomes
Holgate
Townsend
Godfrey

These aint top 7-10 quality players.

The reality is we're a mid table outfit with a handful of good yet at times anonymous players.

No quick fix regardless of what happens with Benitez imo. Finishing 10th + 12th with Ancelotti should have been a wake up call to how bad our recruitment has been over the years.
Our form is not mid-table though. Our form is relegation form. The only reason we are still in mid-table is that run of good form earlier in the season.

You can't possibly be happy with today's performance or tactics?

What are you on about? The pro-Benitez lobby, of which you are a prominent member, have everything that they want, surely? Your man is in complete charge of the playing side of the club, is now in complete charge of transfers and seems to have unwavering support from our idiot owner.

I agree that loons are indeed in charge, and they will destroy this club while you cheerlead.

You're part of the crowd who wanted Benitez gone regardless of results.

I care about the opinion of those who want the long term health of the club, meaning those who want Everton to win regardless of the manager.

Taking Richarlison off when you're 1 nil down against a bottom half team is one of the worst managerial decisions I've ever seen.

If you're chasing the game, you do not take your best goalscorer off.

I could understand bringing the two on but Richy should have been moved left and take Townsend off. He'd been left up top isolated with no service.

Say fellas, where's your loading dock?

D07mCxxXcAY_Gyt.jpg

Before I left Twitter I sent a tweet a few days prior to him being appointed that read that I'd rather watch Everton in the Championship under Dunc than watch us in the Premier League under Rafael.

I only half meant it but started to wonder if the Universe took it seriously.

Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.