2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

I've said repeatedly for a long time the squad is poor.

That doesn't completely excuse this manager.

I don't expect us to be good.

I expect us to not be terrible. I expect us to compete.

We are better than this.

Crystal Palace are poor.

This manager if given the opportunity will run us deeper into the ground.

Digne isn't the problem.

Richarlison isn't the problem.

Ill discipline and inconsistency is the problem, and expecting a manager after six months and £1.7m to fix near enough a decade of that problem is ridiculous.

But whatever, it's your site. I'll go away. Enjoy what you reap.

Then when do you give a guy the time? Seriously, were Everton, not Barcelona. You have to acknowledge the history. We've tried five managers in five years, chopped and changed and THIS is the net result.

It's knee jerking, pure and simple.
5 points out of 30 is knee jerking is it.

Jesus, log off lad and stop embarrassing yourself.

Then when do you give a guy the time? Seriously, were Everton, not Barcelona. You have to acknowledge the history. We've tried five managers in five years, chopped and changed and THIS is the net result.

It's knee jerking, pure and simple.

He'll take us down if we persist with him. We're sinking like a stone. We have no choice but roll the dice now.

His results demand the sack. Mitigating circumstances demand patience. If I thought removing him and appointing somebody else would make a significant difference, I'd be all for it. And yet I just don't see how we get through the necessary purge of our playing staff without, essentially, ending up in a relegation fight. Turkeys won't vote for Christmas. Benitez has zero momentum. We're in deep trouble and changing the manager doesn't help us avoid that. Keeping him probably won't either. Moshiri has to go all in one way or the other now. Regardless of results.

Last edited:
Fine. But the problem with that is you'll always think it's the wrong manager until you give them time.

Bring in Potter, Howe et al and see them have a run and the fans scream 'out of their depth' and calling for their head. You know it, deep down you know it.

Newcastle fans today have said Howe is out of his depth and his methods are outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.