2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be sad watching the same folk drive themselves into a pit of misery over the coming years whilst he's in the dugout.

Accept it as reality and just support the club as you would do normally.
Most do fella, just not him, to be a pedant, he is NOT Everton Football Club, he has temporary tenure, the more temp the better for me but it DOES not stop me supporting Everton! Period

We’ve been moaning for years the club needs a clear out, it’s starting to happen and yet people will use it as a negative cos RB is here.
We moan the players have had it easy and no one stand up to them.
Digne gets rightly launched out for questioning the manager, somehow it’s another negative for RB.
If Carlo had done the same he would be getting plaudits.

I’m not his biggest fan but I accept there is no way the board will get rid until he’s at least had a full season. I’m interested to see what happens the next few months with regards to the structure of the club, and the team.

Did he make 157m of purchases, yes or no? Yes.

I didn't make any reference to net spend or how much money was brought in from player sales. But he spent 157m on buying players.

That's like me saying I don't spend money on my food shop because I have other money coming in. I'm still spending the money regardless of how it's been brought in.
that just doesn't stand up. under that logic, we could sell all our sellable assets, get in £170m and get a new team, and you'd go round telling everyone he spent three times as much as Carlo. It's nonsense.

Because we need one man to be doing it, and over a period of time, minimum 2 years, thats the job Bentiez is doing for us, he is doing everything, it's all on him.
I'm sure on Monday we had players bought by 7 different people, it's insane.
When Moshiri sat down with Rafael he must of given him a hell of an interview as he seems to taking in all his requests behind the scenes, even though the results are poor, it's like the penny has dropped with Farhad and he sees a bigger picture, painted by Rafael.
Certainly agree with your point about his interview. Whatever he has presented, Moshiri has bought into it. I just hope he has the restraint to allow the people responsible for delivering it to do their jobs.

We’ve been moaning for years the club needs a clear out, it’s starting to happen and yet people will use it as a negative cos RB is here.
Digne gets rightly launched out for questioning the manager, somehow it’s another negative for RB.

I’m not his biggest fan but I accept there is no way the board will get rid until he’s at least had a full season. I’m interested to see what happens the next few months with regards to the structure of the club, and the team.
Think Digne’s within his right to question tactical choices after not winning a game for over 2 months tbh. Obviously we don’t know how serious the disagreement got but if Benitez believes that the “priority is the team” then he should probably get one of the best footballers at the club back in the squad sooner rather than later.

5a70e198af61d889008b466a

...and not as an insult either.

Clear out as in...the rubbish...not your best players

that just doesn't stand up. under that logic, we could sell all our sellable assets, get in £170m and get a new team, and you'd go round telling everyone he spent three times as much as Carlo. It's nonsense.
I'm not saying theynimvested in the squad. Im saying he purchased 157m worth of players. Doesn't mean they have put money into the team, but it's still a lot of money to get to make decisions about which players to bring in.

We’ve said for years that the players have too much say.

Yes, Digne is a fan favourite however if we want a manager to be firm, the same people can’t moan when the manager is firm.

Carlo showed grace to Iwobi when he moaned about not playing in his "preferred" position. Said he wants his players happy. Played him as a number 10. 2 down, pulls him back to the wing. Never played there again.

Now...Carlo didn't need to do that to a player we all want rid of but wanted to see if he could get a response.

Rafael just bins our best and only left back for doing the same.

Chalk and cheese.

5a70e198af61d889008b466a

...and not as an insult either.

People have recognised the need for fundamental changes at Everton for a long time. Recruitment was a shambles, the medical team were amateurs, no one knew what Brands did, the long term coaching team haven’t made any difference, the academy isn’t producing anything, Moshiri needed to butt out.

Within a few months Benitez has got rid of Brands, turfed out the head of the medical team, senior scouts have left, and Moshiri has firmly been told to give him the train set.

To add to this we’ve seen players who were not fully committed to Everton in James and Kean leave the club with a shot also fired across Digne’s bow.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if over the next few months we see some of the coaching staff who have been protected by Brands and Kenwright for a long time go.

This is the medicine the club needs. People will not like it but it probably had to take an obdurate ex Liverpool manager to do it. He has no sentiment whatsoever, no popularity to protect, he’ll just ruthlessly do whatever he feels he has to.

Maybe it won’t work out, but I’d put my mortgage on us being a damn site better as a club than we have been for the last 5 years once Benitez has finished this cull of ridiculous amateurs and got in some professionals in key positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.