2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, I think I saw Henderson mouthing at one point 'look lads let's just sit off for half an hour in the middle of this Goodison 'derby, and then catch them on the break from a corner'. something like that.
Pound for pound. And you've got @Theoneandonly giving you a run for your sheckles in this thread.

Liverpool dropped down a few gears after that first 20 and just picked us off.

Its the defending that I find most indefensible. That free header in the first 5 minutes from a corner, can't remember who it was, just can't happen, yet it happens every game. You could understand it if it was the 93rd minute with players getting tired, but not that soon after kickoff.
Whatever defensive drills they're doing in training is killing us.

Have to disagree, look at the players, our lion hearts have stopped playing for him and he doesn’t know how to change it. They must be looking at his tactics and thinking wtf he won’t last long. It really has to happen now, because, it will happen before the end of the season, our position may be beyond redemption by then. As Jim Reeves said, ‘he’ll have to go’.
Who are our lion hearts? Pickford been playing well, dcl was ok before injury as was doucoure, most of the others were hash fur the last 5 months of last season

What would that look like?

Yet another pointless rallying call?

I don't understand people saying this. The manager is accountable for the players and it has always been this way.

We've tried to push our crap out the door and it isn't happening. The only thing we can change is the manager.
Maybe so, but some of these players have seen off 5 managers and really should take some of the responsibility for what goes on on the pitch, they are paid a kings ransom.

He found those quick results...with a first team to choose from...and that all collapsed with the long term injuries. Not his fault this lot are made of porcelain.

So did Ancelotti, didn't take you long to turn on him though.

Maybe your standards are not that low after all you did say Benitez not getting top 7 would be a failure...

For me it's failing to get top 7

Oh wait.... just over a month later you said this.

7th or 8th.

A good base to build from after ther Ancelotti disaster.

Its the defending that I find most indefensible. That free header in the first 5 minutes from a corner, can't remember who it was, just can't happen, yet it happens every game. You could understand it if it was the 93rd minute with players getting tired, but not that soon after kickoff.
Whatever defensive drills they're doing in training is killing us.
This. What you do first is set up your defence. If the opposition can’t score, you can’t lose. Rocket science? No. You have to instill a mentality of “they shall not pass”, you defend like your life depends on it. We’ve lost that.

Status
Not open for further replies.