2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact of the matter is he's still revered as a master tactician and is well known for building clubs.

He's exactly what we need right now. Sure it's going to be tough, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Tactics have been poor. Look at last night and how open we were. Even Martinez clocked onto a different style against them at Goodison being needed.

In terms of building clubs, he stabilised Newcastle and that's all he's done since he left Liverpool.

The fact of the matter is he's still revered as a master tactician and is well known for building clubs.

He's exactly what we need right now. Sure it's going to be tough, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

He's revered by the reds, but only because of success over 15 years ago

He has been a poor manager for several years.

He asked Jim White to tell our fans that Benitez won't be sacked, that he needs time, we've had loads of injuries and that in the second half of the season we will be better. The issue for me mate is that he said it in a text in reply to the text Jim White had sent him about Benitez's position. He should have ignored Jim White and made a statement to the fans directly.
Ah I understand now. Probably should have read the article

2 matches in which individual errors messed us up.

Sure we probably would have lost against Liverpool, but at 2-1 we were getting back in to the match and they were there for the taking. Watford we were 2-1 up until the last 10 mins and we lost our heads.

Both of those games can't be fully blamed on Rafael.

At Brentford we dominated them, we lost to a penalty and had a stonewall penalty rejected for us. If we had more players fit, we would have beaten them.

You could say we potentially lost 7 points in these matches. Which would be pushing us in to European spots, but Rafael can't be fully blamed.

Get Mina back, get DCL back, add a new right back and hopefully more and see where we're at.
Lol at blaming individual errors.

Get out of here Goebbels

When's he built a club? Liverpool?
He's like Mourinho in that regard, impatience got him the job on the back of Houllier iirc, always the base of a side already there, couple of flush gambles in the transfer market and all of a sudden they're 'tacticians'.
At least Mourinho was entertaing.
Other than Ferguson, who rebuilt Utd, I can't readily think of a modrrn manager that has actually built a club?

You're delusional if you think Rafas career is over if he left here.

Fact of the matter is there will always be a club who will take a punt on him. He would walk in to every championship side. There are mid-table foreign clubs who would be interested such as Fiorentina who wanted him in the summer. Relegation threatened clubs would ask him. Newcastle. Etc etc.
It was over when he retired to China

You're delusional if you think Rafas career is over if he left here.

Fact of the matter is there will always be a club who will take a punt on him. He would walk in to every championship side. There are mid-table foreign clubs who would be interested such as Fiorentina who wanted him in the summer. Relegation threatened clubs would ask him. Newcastle. Etc etc.

Funny that with all the clubs queueing up to sign him, he ended up managing a great bunch of lads, in the land of infected bat burgers.

He's like Mourinho in that regard, impatience got him the job on the back of Houllier iirc, always the base of a side already there, couple of flush gambles in the transfer market and all of a sudden they're 'tacticians'.
Other than Ferguson, who rebuilt Utd, I can't readily think of a modrrn manager that has actually built a club?

Klopp, unfortunately. Abroad there’s only really Simeone.

Yeh I guess it's however that poster defines built. I'd say someone like Eddie Howe at Bournemouth and Dyche at Burnley kinda built clubs up? Getting promoted from the Championship with Newcastle and failing in China isn't building a club to me. Maybe Valencia but I don't know much about his time there because it was 17+ years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.