2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be a breaking point. If the manager is fired now, these players will just do it again to the next one. They think they are the club. Coleman, Keane, Digne, Holgate, Davies, Iwobi, Siggurdson, Delph laughs and jokes all around all the time. They don’t want the party to end. They got a miracle when Ancelotti left ad for some of them their time was up. Then they’ve gone straight back to playing this game again of getting a manager out before he can turf them out. They’ll put in a minor stint for the new manager just enough for the club to think ‘maybe we don’t need to spend money on a RB this summer’. Cue the one year extensions all round, then the cycle repeats. If that’s what people want then fine, have at it.
This is kind of the point I've been trying to make. Really crap situation to be in as fans as no matter who we get in this is where we end up. Maybe a no nonsense manager is the secret, someone who'll literally demote them to the u23s

I agree. He has learnt from working under various different managers. On this island in Greece........... they opened an Indian Restaurant and brought in an Indian chef. The place went really well, all while the owners Mum was sat watching in the kitchen. Season later the chef was gone and the owners Mum was cooking in the kitchen. Closed within 3 months.

I'm not saying the chefs mum (Dunc) deserves the job of being head chef (manager of Everton), but I know that this particular restaurant (Everton) will offer it to Dunc (Duncans mum) and we'll get relegated cos we offered it to his mum instead of the big man

I'll be shocked if he isn't offered it (again) and this time take it mate ;)

Didn't see the 5-0 drubbing to Man City last year?

Carlo had the fortune of having a Calvert-Lewin as a striker, James slipping world class balls to Richarlison for a Derby victory and Mina available more often than not. Rafael has Rondon and Townsend...

I actually don't disagree with you to a large extent - I am just trying to point out that Rafael has had to deal with significantly larger headwinds than Carlo did.

I am incredibly frustrated with his inability to change things up, Carlo at least tinkered a number of times with formations etc...

Definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, I am just struggling to see how a managerial change (where we can't dangle the carrot of spending our way out of it to a manager who is brave enough to even think about taking this on) will actually stop this rot.

You really can’t point to Rondon and Townsend being the weak links in a defence of Benitez..

I honestly don't know mate. I can't think of one manager who'd do better with us, our position, squad and how we're run as a club. Yes we'd prob get the new guy bounce and this season is saved from disaster but ultimately ends in nothing again then when these players decide they can't be arsed for the new guy we're back here again. Maybe Roy Keane is the answer, someone who'll knock 7 bells out of them for lack of effort. That's a joke BTW not advocating that mentalist lol
But you and I are not paid to make those decisions mate. It's a shame we can't trust the people who are paid to do so make the right ones.

What I will say is that this is likely as bad as it will get. Tonight was pretty much the precise nightmare scenario we feared was coming.

I struggle to see things getting much worse between the club and the fan base. Which doesn’t say a lot.

Whether things will get any better with Benitez in charge is really the question.

He can survive one night as poisonous as that - as long as it’s not followed immediately by more.
Precisely.

And THAT is playing on the minds of an awful lot of people who desperately want Benitez out. They know if he gets another shot at this he may well get a big win and their chance to get him out is gone forever.

I think he'll get that shot too.

What I will say is that this is likely as bad as it will get. Tonight was pretty much the precise nightmare scenario we feared was coming.

I struggle to see things getting much worse between the club and the fan base. Which doesn’t say a lot.

Whether things will get any better with Benitez in charge is really the question.

He can survive one night as poisonous as that - as long as it’s not followed immediately by more.
Chelsea? Reckon they'll properly batter us as well.

I’ve seen quite a few people deriding (and out right laughing at) the notion of Ferguson taking over in the interim. I by no means think he’s the solution long term, but I tell you what, if Rafael was booted right now, and Ferguson was installed as temp manager, it would INSTANTLY at least improve the mood amongst the majority of fans, and bring in at least some sense of relief / hope, and a feel good factor to actually going the game.

Obviously there will still be people unhappy at that appointment (even as caretaker), but nothing like the levels we’re seeing now regarding Benitez. And tactically, he wouldn’t be any worse than what we’re currently being served up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.