Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he is a great manager, but I'll throw a few things:

1. Was given 1.7m to spend in the Summer
2. Has had our 20+ goal scorer out for most of the season, plus our best CB and best CM for large chunks
3. Inherited one of the worst squads in the league
4. He doesn't miss kick the ball, Coleman does.

Now, what I don't like from him:

1. Not backing youth
2. Inflexible system - it is not working, where is plan B or C
3. Uninspiring on the touchline - so passive

Overall, do we sack another manager and the replacement has to contend with the first four points above? What changes. The joint needs some form of stability.

It's all a mess, and Rafael has to be blamed for a big part of it, but his cards have been dealt incredibly poorly.

Carlo did enough to make them look like a unit and team last season. Horrible to watch for the most part but we never suffered huge defeats, won some games we would never have thought we could, have the 2nd highest points total under Moshiri.

Benitez has come in...we can't defend as a team, we can't attack as a team. He'd rather lose and stick to his guns than adapt to get points. There's no cohesion, no real plan, not even a hint of something that you're waiting to click and feel "yes, this is going in the right direction".

He's done as a coach. Confused with what he's got, what he wants, and what he's getting but won't change. His next step will be to blame the transfers/board after blaming injuries.

I do feel sorry for Benitez in that he hasn’t really had any money to spend and we have key players injured. It’s a task that he isn’t up to, a mess that I’m not sure many can fix.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so down as a fan as I am right now. I can’t see any way out of this for us as we just keep sacking managers and it isn’t working. We will have Big Sam back by Xmas. God help us.

I can agree with that to an extent because we know they are but Liverpool are just a much better side on skill and talent alone mate, so you have to at least give your crap cloggers a chance. He didn't do that, as you rightly point out.

They were knackered by half-time cause they'd spent most of the game legging it to cover 30 yard gaps in midfield.

Agree with you on Brands and Kenwright, and Moshiri. But I've agreed with that all along, it's never been mutually exclusive that it's just Benitez who's the problem. Ultimately though he is setting the team up, these players don't need any help being crap but Christ they're getting it.

What annoys me about the players is that its the same individual's letting us down time after time and they get away with it.

Godfrey has been shocking all season, gifts Wolves a winning goal and all over the place defensively. Keane was shocking start of the season, Coleman tonight basically gifted them the win as at 2-1 down we were pressuring them.

They're a disgrace.

Keane has been played every single minute by every single manager who he has played under. So it's on the managers for playing him.

Coleman should not be getting our ire. He should be on the bench sat waiting to play a few games over Xmas and the cup games while an athletic, powerful right-back plays as first choice. Our club have had 3 years of needing to sort it to get that done.

Coleman should have retired and Keane should have asked for a transfer to a championship club. The pair of them are having the fans of still turning up for work pretending to be footballers.

We all know its the players. Sadly you can not just bin every single one of them off though, it doesn't work like that.

Right now we are stuck needing a complete overhaul from top to bottom, with no money to do it with, with an aging manager most don't like anyway who has zero experience of working in those conditions.

Moshiri has constantly employed unsuitable candidates year after year for the task at hand.
Can't argue with that mate. It's sad watching the club go backwards when we actually have been spending money and trying, it's so strange and frustrating. Put some of our players in different teams and they'd probably look twice the players but for us they're utter crap. I'm frustrated as hell but I don't see the merry go round of sacking helping either. Not sure what we do or where we go from here.

I do feel sorry for Benitez in that he hasn’t really had any money to spend and we have key players injured. It’s a task that he isn’t up to, a mess that I’m not sure many can fix.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so down as a fan as I am right now. I can’t see any way out of this for us as we just keep sacking managers and it isn’t working. We will have Big Sam back by Xmas. God help us.
He wouldn’t come back to us after the way the fans treated him, he can’t stand us and I don’t blame him.

but for a poxy goal we'd have got the same result as Liverpool at Brentford. Liverpool would have beaten anyone tonight. We're just not getting the rub of the green at the moment, but it will turn. Once we can drop Godfrey for Mina, it will make a huge difference just like Doug has improved us. Once we get DCL back as well, we'll be fine

I dont even have the energy to laugh at this.

But what do they actually do? How can they best contribute to the success of this group of other men they're paying to spend their time watching?
They were up for it tonight, 2 minutes in and we could have been 2 down. There is only so much you can take.

Its not just a recent thing, its been 30 years of this. I think we just want to see a plan, a style of play, entertainment, anything really.

What annoys me about the players is that its the same individual's letting us down time after time and they get away with it.

Godfrey has been shocking all season, gifts Wolves a winning goal and all over the place defensively. Keane was shocking start of the season, Coleman tonight basically gifted them the win as at 2-1 down we were pressuring them.

They're a disgrace.
Didn’t you say Godfrey had long Covid?

They're a disgrace.
They don't get away with it though.

The only reason they're still playing is because the club can't recruit for love nor money and then the managers at the time choose to play them.

Godfrey was probably one of our better performers tonight and that sums it up. The lad looks totally shot of confidence but he's 23, came back from COVID, was knackered and look, he's been thrown into a system that clearly isn't working and the manager has clearly not helped him one bit.

I'm sorry, but Godfrey last season - while he had his flaws - looked so, so much better than this version. There's one major difference mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.