2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can he keep playing a midfield 2? Especially against teams that outnumber us in that area?

The only half decent display in ages was the second half v Wolves when he was forced to switch to 3 in midfield (Delph, Allan and Townsend).

He’ll repeat the same mistakes until he’s sacked.

I think there's a realisation now that Benitez isn;t going anywhere.

That's the derby nightmare we all knew would happen and factored in out the way.

The team will be allowed to get results for a few weeks before any rip cord is pulled on Benitez.

Just my snap evaluation. ^^^ But it feels very much like that.

There has to be a breaking point. If the manager is fired now, these players will just do it again to the next one. They think they are the club. Coleman, Keane, Digne, Holgate, Davies, Iwobi, Siggurdson, Delph laughs and jokes all around all the time. They don’t want the party to end. They got a miracle when Ancelotti left ad for some of them their time was up. Then they’ve gone straight back to playing this game again of getting a manager out before he can turf them out. They’ll put in a minor stint for the new manager just enough for the club to think ‘maybe we don’t need to spend money on a RB this summer’. Cue the one year extensions all round, then the cycle repeats. If that’s what people want then fine, have at it.

I think there's a realisation now that Benitez isn;t going anywhere.

That's the derby nightmare we all knew would happen and factored in out the way.

The team will be allowed to get results for a few weeks before any rip cord is pulled on Benitez.

Just my snap evaluation. ^^^ But it feels very much like that.
So he isn’t going anywhere or is being sacked in a fortnight ? You seem to have all bases covered there

Getting rid of James outside of the transfer window made absolutely no sense at all from a squad perspective.

It happened because the club are so f***** financially. I can't pin that on Benitez, but I doubt he'd have even used James if he'd have stayed.

But for a supposedly 'pragmatic' (he isn't pragmatic, he's just negative) manager, I've never seen us this badly organised.

It's not like we're open at the back because we try to attack. We're just a complete shambles.

If he wanted to go (and I think he did), it made no sense to keep him. The financial problems are also not Benitez' fault, though then again if he did a good job, kept things going and got rid of the expensive failures whose contracts are expiring it would probably have been a successful season.

As you say there are problems in this side and he's done nothing - and doesn't look like he will do anything - to change it. That is why he has to go.

Scapegoating his captain.

That's going to end well for him that.

He needs to find a better captain. The Irishman is a complete fraud. He loves the rallying cries and whatnot, but he’s not been anywhere near good enough for years.

Add to that that he’s not a leader and you have a recipe for disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.