2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahahaha chuckling at the thought of Andy Lonergan being signed as a replacement for James. What the hell Zat.

Clearly hes not in the same position.

Weve basically lost Bernard (free) Olsen (end of loan) Kean (wasnt at the club last year) Nkounkou (loan) Virginia (loan to buy) James (sold).

Replaced with: Gray, Townsend, Begovic, Lonergan, Rondon.

Surely we should have kept Virginia (low wages) and not signed Begovic or Lonergan?

Also we should have kept Nkounkou and Kean and not signed Rondon.

Benitez neglected to raise any funds from sales and instead added players onto our wage bill who werent needed.

Why would calling out hypocrisy make me a Kopite?

The phrase Blue Geordie is coined from a section of Evertonians doing the exact same thing with Ancelotti and Benitez that Newcastle fans did with Benitez & Bruce.

Worshipped one and hated the other despite there being little difference in the two in terms of achievements at the club / league position etc.

The way you wax lyrical about Benitez you would think we had only lost one of our last 9 games and he has been some tactical whizz, and before you say it, I know, £1.7m and all that.

Last edited:

Right here "No Gray means he will look to Iwobi - straight away we are done" you are explaining why he isnt the problem, injured players, having to turn to Onyango shows how thin the squad is, nothing against Onyango of course
I am trying to say if he keeps playing with Iwobi then he had no idea, injuries or not because Iwobi and Rondon have been brought into the team and when that happens, it is always a negative results.

So despite lack of game time, I see players like Simms, Onyango and Dobbin with more fight, passion, spirit and heart for Everton that those two.

Fans can forgive a young player who gives their all over "experienced" jobbers who don't care and if the manager can't see that, then he and Brands are failing this club.

What? Is that not good or something?

You've been telling everyone that Benitez is doing a great job with 1 in 9.

Who's said he's done a great job winning 1 in 9?

The facht that so many liked that libellous exaggerated incorrect post is why us sensible fans cant win this argument.

Any valid reasoning is met with "you luv the manager lad and think he's as good as Pep".

Its Fake News - I said he was doing a great job when we were 5th/6th in the table playing good counter attacking football. Its gone bad but im giving you reasons WHY it has gone bad - Benitez hasn't turned crap over night we've just had over a dozen injuries in that space of time to largely key players.

I know it's a a tad off topic but would you risk Gbamin in a midfield 3 just to see how he gets on or is it too much of a risk ?
If there are 2 other midfielders he may thrive in a packed midfield . Or he may not .
I would probably go with the youngster like you but it will be interesting to see what he will do .
The way I see Gbamin v Onyango.

Onyango has played more game time at Under 23 level so he is game fitter and Gbamin needs to do this because it will only benefit him.

I think they are hanging him out to dry for a loan in January personally because Benitez isn't a fan

I have to laugh even though your points are well structured.

Heres some counter comments:

1: He claimed to have a computer software 'dossier' on players. Had been 'in touch' with Gray since he went to Leverkusen apparently...lets not forget we were scouting Leverkusen for the past 3 seasons lol

This magical dossier enabled us to bring in Gray, Townsend, Begovic, Lonergan and Rondon. Rondon of course he waited all window for...hardly unknowns.

Maybe our two best players this season.
2: He signed Rondon and has continued to play him.
1) Limited with transfer funds,
2) Rondon has many of the same features as DCL,
3) Benitez knows Rondon's qualities well - both on and off the pitch.
4) Injuries on key players.

3: He started Gbamin instead of easing him in after a long term injury. Not seen again.
Has no insight into Gbamin's physical health. The former boss of this was fired a while ago.

4: Hes taken off Gordon in games where hes been decent and mentioned fitness. This is bizarre when starting Rondon and keeping him on for 90mins.
Not necessarily, Two different roles, which require completely different physical skills. The players in the position that Gordon plays are the ones who sprint and run the most during a match. Gordon has also confirmed what Benitez said, and that he is working on his stamina.

5: Very eager to move James on but no one else for any type of fee? Surely he could have moved on at least one or two players to generate funds.
Well here are many factors we do not know anything about.

6: Not given Simms or Dobbin more of a chance and instead played a lamp post up front.
Hard to say anything about, since I do not know the level of these two.

7: Sent Nkounkou, our only backup left back on loan.
Again, we do not know why, and there may have been good reasons.

8: Didnt sign a right back.
Limited tranfer funds, and it is probably not solely Benitez's fault.

9: Ripped up Davide Ancelotti's defensive set piece setup which was excellent and instead implemented a mess of set piece 'structure' at both ends of the pitch
The effect of changes takes time. It is unlikely that a manager, no matter who it is, will keep a system that the previous coach implemented as long as you yourself have a preference for another system.

10: Appears to make pre-planned substitutions

Your interpretation, impossible to argue against.

11: Plays Iwobi.
He, Ancelotti, Wenger and others are guilty of doing so. However, he has to use what he has available, and there is not much to choose from.

12: Makes tactical changes far too late. When we are being over run in centre midfield he keeps 2 in there or adds a body after weve conceded one or two goals.

Maybe, but this is always difficult to assess.

13: Players sitting off and not playing a high energy 'in your face' style while claiming "i know what Evertonians want".
One of our strengths this season is actually stealing the ball from the opponent. A big improvement from last year. Although we have become a bit more reactive over the season.

14: Attacking tactics are long balls with barely any link up play.
Yes, but at the same time it should be said that we are one of the teams that creates the most chances based on ball possession. We are also good at counterattacks. At the same time we want to play at low risk.

15: Holding back our left back assist maker and telling him to be more defensive which isnt his strength.
Ok, hard to answer as long as I do not know the reason for this.

16: Clean sheets are extremely rare due to any defensive system where the back 4 arent in sync at all.

We are one of the teams with the most personal mistakes that lead to goals. At the same time, it takes time to see the effect of change.

17: 2pts off 16th having yet to endure a nightmare run of games
4 points up to 6th place.

18: 1 win in 9.
Not good enough, but not at all unusual.

19: Destroyed by Watford and didnt try against City.
Agree with Watford, but it is not uncommon for Everton to do so. It happens on a regular basis. Manchester City is one of the best teams in the world, and it is difficult to get anything out of the matches at Ethiad. Do not understand the criticism here.

20: Out of the cup against a lower league side
Happens

The facht that so many liked that libellous exaggerated incorrect post is why us sensible fans cant win this argument.

Any valid reasoning is met with "you luv the manager lad and think he's as good as Pep".

Its Fake News - I said he was doing a great job when we were 5th/6th in the table playing good counter attacking football. Its gone bad but im giving you reasons WHY it has gone bad - Benitez hasn't turned crap over night we've just over a dozen injuries in that space of time.

" WHY US SENSIBLE FANS "

lollollollollollol

The way you wax lyrical about Benitez you would think we had only lost one of our last 9 games and he has been some tactical whizz, and before you say it, I know, £1.7m and all that.

I waxed lyrical when we were playing well - im simply giving people valid reasons why we've dropped from 5th to 11th and that is the 8 players we currently have injured/suspended.

See where WHU, Leicester, Crystal Palace etc would be in the table with 8+ injuries.

We cant win with you people unless we say "something something sack the FSW".

11 games

Eleven.

Its Fake News - I said he was doing a great job when we were 5th/6th in the table playing good counter attacking football. Its gone bad but im giving you reasons WHY it has gone bad - Benitez hasn't turned crap over night we've just had over a dozen injuries in that space of time to largely key players.
So you agree he is doing a crap job then?

I waxed lyrical when we were playing well - im simply giving people valid reasons why we've dropped from 5th to 11th and that is the 8 players we currently have injured/suspended.

See where WHU, Leicester, Crystal Palace etc would be in the table with 8+ injuries.

We cant win with you people unless we say "something something sack the FSW".

11 games

Eleven.

Okay, I`ll play.

At what point do the club pull the trigger then ?

One win in 10.
One win in 11.
One win in 12.
One win in 13.
When we`re in the bottom 3.
When we get relegated ( like you seem to be relishing )

Status
Not open for further replies.