2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only disgrace is Evertonians willfully ignoring a run of 1 win in 9 games to back a kopite dinosaur manager out of his depth.
dont think that there are many managers if any managers we could have got or bring in if the dinosaur was booted. the problems we have stretch back to when lukaku went and we bought midfielders who koeman reckoned would get us goals when in reality shouldnt have been even signed. there was more manages signing bog average garbage big wages all coming to a head now. theres been 1 constant through this whole saga it is the board moshiri and co. they are the top of the tree they hired and fired the managers and paid for the crap they signed. but hey ho theyre building us BMD nobody will challenge the board their footballing decisions they see a shiny new stadium and that gets mosh and co immunity until its done.

I was replying to the guy that posted the league form table over the last six games, that see’s us stone bottom 20th. Nothing to do with the City game on its own. We’re bottom of the form table and can’t just keep writing off game after game saying we have injuries.

The form table is obviously a concern, what really did us was the Watford game, had we not had the collective brain fart we would be 3 points better off and we wouldn't be saying we haven't won in x games. Had we had those players available we wouldn't have lost that game.

Isn't this kind of thought-process, most of people on here say was the problem with Moyes. So after 7+ years we are still there? I am getting confused now.

It is, but one manager had 6/7/8 and more years to correct that attitude by building a team that could compete. We are starting from near rock bottom if you don't even get a baseline to start building we will constantly be in this mess.

This is so like 1997 its ridiculous. Mad injuries, players bought on the cheap, a has-been of a manager, waiting with bated breath for the start of 1998 2022 when we have an influx of players like Ravanelli, Sforza and Sierra.

Only this time we won't have a couple of nice moments like beating the RS 2-0 with a young and fresh striker, or coming back from the dead against Arsenal. There will be precisely zero redeeming features as we plummet into the Championship.

I think the sad reality is we have a board that doesn't care, a coaching staff that consists of people from the "jobs for ex-players" charity we run, a manager a good number did not want and to top it off a squad full of wage thieves, bottlers and of very low quality.

If this was UTD, Liverpool etc... there would be protests, shirt burning, local media campaigns etc...

Not that I condone or suggest any of the above, my point is we are so use to being downtrodden we barely can muster a paragraph of distaste on the GoT forum.

Dont be taken in by the agenda
the-gates-of-irony-irony.gif

What really concerns me about Benitez is how we just give up possession in every game I know it's not the be all or end all in terms of results but it means you have to be very good in both boxes and we are not.

when gray got injured he should have put Richardson wide and Tosun or Simms up top. When Delphi tired, he had his choice of 3 strikers, he picked Rondon.
this on top of subbing off Gordon v Watford and telling Digne to hang back and snuffing out his best attribute. Godfrey or Delphi should be able to cover when he’s further up the pitch.
Benitez is a bluffer.

The form table is obviously a concern, what really did us was the Watford game, had we not had the collective brain fart we would be 3 points better off and we wouldn't be saying we haven't won in x games. Had we had those players available we wouldn't have lost that game.

It is, but one manager had 6/7/8 and more years to correct that attitude by building a team that could compete. We are starting from near rock bottom if you don't even get a baseline to start building we will constantly be in this mess.
In those 6/7/8 years did we have a ghost of a chance to go toe-to-toe with the big-financed-boys in terms of getting higher skilled (Read costly here) players. And if my memory serves right, we did set out defensively from the get-go, but we rarely if ever lacked the endeavour.

So I don't get what's the point. Should we just write off games against the Reds, Chelsea, Manchester clubs, because we are starting from rock bottom (Is it really, I don't know if it is)? Is that what you are suggesting. Why not , write off games against London clubs or England clubs as well (I know, I know hyperbole).

Status
Not open for further replies.