2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lads, really looking forward to the argument about whether Benitez is responsible for Tom's injury for getting rid of DD or if Tom was injured because of DD's affinity for homeopathy and man of science Benitez has saved young Tom's career by getting rid of the witch. Please have at it.

See in an ideal world maybe i wouldnt myself, i did want Nuno but it looks like we have dodged a bullit there, but its the reality of were we find ourselves, he is a product if you like of Moshiri, just like Sam was, but right now he is the best man for our job. I dont belive in the summer he was our only target, but ask yourself why there wasnt a better manager around who wanted the job, any of them could of applied, maybe some did, but only one was willing to accept us, who is at fault for that?
I don’t recall anybody else being offered the job and turning it down. I absolutely can’t beleive there wasn’t a queue of managers and agents scrambling for the job. As poor as we are Everton is still a massive draw for a manager.

Now yes but thats not his fault, he cant invent players out of thin air, he cant play injured players, last season we limped to 10th, 12th the season before, we haent looked anything decent since the first season under Roberto, being poor year after year takes its toll.
Screenshot_20211115-225636_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211115-225902_Chrome.jpg

Looked pretty decent for a long period there that February 2021.
We've lost 4 games already "with a better squad "

So it is his fault.

I don’t recall anybody else being offered the job and turning it down. I absolutely can’t beleive there wasn’t a queue of managers and agents scrambling for the job. As poor as we are Everton is still a massive draw for a manager.
But is it, if there was a list of managers who wanted it why did this particular one get it?
We don't know and nothing surprises me anymore with Moshiris Everton, but we had to speak to others, was it those candidates rejecting us or the club saying no to them?
I personally think we tried others, and they all said no, apart from one.

All joking aside and obviously there is a bit of banter in this thread, but it is a bit of a mystery why this particular manager was the only one we could get.

Did you champion Allardyce like this .

Are you not winding folks up mate ?
Being serious, Fat Sam I do genuinely believe we should of kept for 12 months.
One reason being the financial damage it was going to do sacking him without a viable replacement, and we didnt have a viable replacement, we had someone who lasted a few months.
So we paid of Koeman, paid off Sam, Paid off Silva, had to pay Watford IIRC, That's a LOT of money wasted by a club who in the last window could only afford 1.7m.
Throwing money away has caught up on us, and we do have a problem now.
We should of kept Sam for financial reasons, unless we could of got a better manager, which we didnt.

Being serious, Fat Sam I do genuinely believe we should of kept for 12 months.
One reason being the financial damage it was going to do sacking him without a viable replacement, and we didnt have a viable replacement, we had someone who lasted a few months.
So we paid of Koeman, paid off Sam, Paid off Silva, had to pay Watford IIRC, That's a LOT of money wasted by a club who in the last window could only afford 1.7m.
Throwing money away has caught up on us, and we do have a problem now.
We should of kept Sam for financial reasons, unless we could of got a better manager, which we didnt.
There's a reason Allardyce wasnt given a full contract.

He was a salvage job to protect Moshiri's investment by not getting relegated.
He was never being kept on.

There's a reason Allardyce wasnt given a full contract.

He was a salvage job to protect Moshiri's investment by not getting relegated.
He was never being kept on.
Yeah i think he knew it as well, in hindsight maybe Rhino could of kept the job until the end of the season and we possibly could of been ok but he didnt want to risk it, but to sack him and bring in Silva was crazy, his CV had nothing in it to show he was good enough.
Another issue was we ended up playing a start 11 with players bought by 5 different managers, in fact we maybe could now, no wonder the side is so dis-jointted

Status
Not open for further replies.