2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I was in all honesty, at home nope. Away from home, literally thought we’d beat anyone because of the game plan.
Maybe my glass is just half full,I saw lots of games were we got results when we didn't have much control of the play. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed we don't get any long-term injuries to our better players.

Players need a rest, every single manager in the tournament rests players.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying the games do pile up.

Bollocks this gents.

You're regurgitating tired cliches.

This is Everton. We've not won a trophy in nearly 28 years. We're not going to achieve anything of significance in the league this season. To say we can't, or shouldn't bother with a domestic cup is ridiculous.

"But, but, but - fatigue/fitness/squad size"

Go and check Everton's results/fixture list.

Tuesday. QPR.

Then...

Saturday 25th September Everton v Norwich

Saturday 2nd October Man Utd v Everton

Sunday 17th October Everton v West Ham

Saturday 23rd October Everton v Watford

Not having we needed to rest Doucoure, Allan and Gray at this stage of the season and with that fixture list coming up.

Benitez made his decision to dismiss the domestic cup and for me it's arrogant and the majority of fans (as per survey that I shared from previous years), also disagree.

Tell that to the 3k who went down there yesterday. What an appalling losing mentality.
I'm sorry, but if you're an Everton fan going to an away game in the Carabao Cup on a Tuesday night, experience should tell you what to expect.

It's not a losing mentality, it's being logical. Why would you waste time/effort/risk of injury with the extra games for a pisspot of a trophy?

Maybe my glass is just half full,I saw lots of games were we got results when we didn't have much control of the play. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed we don't get any long-term injuries to our better players.
I know that’s my point; that was the game plan due to the nature of the team we have. The setup was adapted to suit what was on offer. We couldn’t cut through teams at will so another way was found.

I'm sorry, but if you're an Everton fan going to an away game in the Carabao Cup on a Tuesday night, experience should tell you what to expect.

It's not a losing mentality, it's being logical. Why would you waste time/effort/risk of injury with the extra games for a pisspot of a trophy?

Winning that trophy would be Everton's best achievement since 1995.

That line up doesn't have a striker. And who plays against Norwich on Saturday?
Same team. Run them into the ground and suffer for it in the league. Relegation doesn't matter as long as we get knocked out the league cup in the quarter finals against City anyway.

(Up until last night I was confident he'd deliver a cup in his tenure, I still am)

In what way was Ancelotti part of this club? Or Koeman? Both of those gave considerably less of a sh*t about Everton.
No manager would, except for the stage managed press conference when they sign. Given the average time they last who'd blame them.

Winning that trophy would be Everton's best achievement since 1995.
A cup is a cup, and the League Cup run of 1984 kick started the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.