2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I give him flack? He is being paid a handsome wage with a good reputation, having bought cheaply and wisely. Why can't I have high expectations of him?
Foreverblue may be a Benítez junkie , but he isnt dumb , he has set a narrstive to low the bar as much as possible for "unbeatez" , he constantly repeats the "rebuilding state" of the club and that europe is not the goal ...

He ignores the fact that Benítez inherit Carlos goals , and that goal was and STILL is europe by any means neccesay , be it vía a cup or getting top 7th.

The mark is not 10th , the mark is to hit the goals of the previous coach , that means europe. Period.

Foreverblue may be a Benítez junkie , but he isnt dumb , he has set a narrstive to low the bar as much as possible for "unbeatez" , he constantly repeats the "rebuilding state" of the club and that europe is not the goal ...

He ignores the fact that Benítez inherit Carlos goals , and that goal was and STILL is europe by any means neccesay , be it vía a cup or getting top 7th.

The mark is not 10th , the mark is to hit the goals of the previous coach , that means europe. Period.
Ah thanks. It was a very competitive league last season, did we finish with 59 points?

Yes I assume it must be Kenwright who @RomanReigns is on about.

I can't speak for all Evertonians but I think the vast majority would agree that fella nearly ran us into the ground and hopefully history won't be too kind on his tenure here as he overseen one of the biggest droughts in our history.

One of? THE longest drought. Not even close. The man has been a complete and utter disaster for the club.

I despise him. (But I can separate him from the team, see below)

Because he is.
Just how it is.

Don't like the man, why does this bother you or indeed anyone else?
Have I asked you to dislike him too? No
Have I asked anyone else to dislike him because I do? No
Have I criticised anybody for liking him? No
Have I passed judgement on anybody who likes him? No
It's my choice.
My decision.

Do I care? Nope

So, why the angst?

Absolutely fair enough. The manager referred to you (not you specifically) in his presser yesterday. Football is an emotional game. Some fans just have their stance and that's itm

I have a mate who refuses to go since KD collapsed. He won't spend 50p until the greatest living Evertonian leaves the club or shuffles off his mortal coil. (even if both of those coincide - face it, they probably will.) This is a fella that used to travel everywhere. Home, away, European trips 84/85.

If something about the place turns your stomach then it's probably better for your health you stay away. I feel a bit of sympathy as even if we ultimately achieve nothing worthy of the record books under Benitez I'm certain he'll be around for some big wins.......and you'll have at least a small pang of regret.

Because he is.
Just how it is.

Don't like the man, why does this bother you or indeed anyone else?
Have I asked you to dislike him too? No
Have I asked anyone else to dislike him because I do? No
Have I criticised anybody for liking him? No
Have I passed judgement on anybody who likes him? No. Except Davek, because it was very funny.
It's my choice.
My decision.

Do I care? Nope

So, why the angst?
Fixed.

Foreverblue may be a Benítez junkie , but he isnt dumb , he has set a narrstive to low the bar as much as possible for "unbeatez" , he constantly repeats the "rebuilding state" of the club and that europe is not the goal ..
The club is full of overpaid deadwood, dont you agree?

A Benitez-junkie... A narrative... Come on...

Instead of criticizing, why don't you suggest better alternatives for the club?

Soon available: Steve Bruce, Koeman, Arteta

I'm pretty sure that not reaching Europe was the stick to beat Ancelotti with. The squad wasn't awful back then apparently. Now it is.

*wriggle wriggle squirm squirm*

It's a really good point to be fair.
As someone who was lucky enough to be around in the 80s and saw Sheedy play I really liked him and he was one of my favourite players. However if memory serves me right he only played for their reserves or if I'm wrong he didn't play many 1st team games for the RS. So I don't associate him with them.
Benitez on the other hand was revered ( maybe still is ) by kopites and I always regarded him as the personification of the RS and summed up everything that I hate about them ..... a false sense of entitlement , arrogant and half decent.
Also if Benitez does a Sheedy and flicks two fingers at them after scoring in a derby, he'll put to sleep a lot of my misgivings about his kopiteness.

Status
Not open for further replies.