2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully understand this position it is highly sensible and the upheaval during this new regime has harmed us greatly.
But, as with Allardyce , the direction of travel in terms of the style of football is entirely disheartening to me.
Perhaps if he could find a way to change his career- long footballing ethos, more positive less negative, I could be more optimistic about his tenure but I think this is unlikely and the evidence thus far confirms this.
He has not had enough of the squad fit enough to do anything other than ‘try’ and dig out results any way he thinks is best. Moyes often did it especially early in his tenure. A manager simply cannot stamp a brand of football on ANY group of players and have them executing it with success after a few months. He needs our best players fit, chance to add in January and we will then have a better chance to assess the direction of travel in the second half of the season. If there is not a marked improvement I think he will be lucky to still be in his job come the summer transfer market.

He has not had enough of the squad fit enough to do anything other than ‘try’ and dig out results any way he thinks is best. Moyes often did it especially early in his tenure. A manager simply cannot stamp a brand of football on ANY group of players and have them executing it with success after a few months. He needs our best players fit, chance to add in January and we will then have a better chance to assess the direction of travel in the second half of the season. If there is not a marked improvement I think he will be lucky to still be in his job come the summer transfer market.
I already know his preferred brand of football as does everyone else , he’s been around long enough , and I can’t stand it and never have.
There have been no surprises so far in this regard and I expect none.
Now we have the, (to me) ,grim prospect of his ‘style’ being embedded into Everton for the foreseeable future.
Very dispiriting ,personally.

The worry is that on recent evidence, he simply does not know how to manage a football team.

His style of play and tactics are from another era and everyone knows how we are going to set up.

He does not know how to organise the defence or how to use our most creative outlets.

It is always a risk to sack a manager mid season but with this fella I cannot help but think that the bigger risk is keeping him in place.

Lord knows what damage he is going to do to the team during the window as he clearly has a talent for falling out with people.

If you are a mutant you'd be loving all of this and desperate for it to continue.

I think the Leicester game being postponed has saved him for now, if he lost that the away fans have already turned against him and that game if were losing would have been really toxic.

I also think he will now be given another 4/5 weeks depending on results, as players come back from injuries he has to get results and play in a way that satisfies the fans, because at the moment we don't have a style of play, it's just awful

Ancelotti had this problem as well - this is what happens when you have a squad signed under 3-4 different managers of varying styles its difficult fitting them into a recognised system.

Give the man time to bring his own players in.

I fully understand this position it is highly sensible and the upheaval during this new regime has harmed us greatly.
But, as with Allardyce , the direction of travel in terms of the style of football is entirely disheartening to me.
Perhaps if he could find a way to change his career- long footballing ethos, more positive less negative, I could be more optimistic about his tenure but I think this is unlikely and the evidence thus far confirms this.
This for me. Not sure even winning a few games 1-0 with 20% possession will change my mind.

44% of people in this vote hate Everton

Sack sack sack
I suspect if the usual cheese on toast option had been available the people wanting Benitez out would have been about 10%.

You need to accept your race is run on forcing Benitez's dismissal. That chance evaporated after the derby when Moshiri chose Benitez over his DoF.

Absolutely astonished last night. A jokey suggestion to swap Moyes and Benitez properly got a core of posters falling over themselves to denounce a former time served Everton manager in favour of a fading Benitez.

Let that sink in. Moyes, an imperfect, yet very good manager for us (who rebuilt the club from a shocking position and whom only first season Martinez has arguably performed comparatively since), thrown to the dogs so people can slaver over Benitez. Regardless of Moyes' merits, that's really sad to see.

Before anyone starts I've been pretty neutral on Benitez up until the Derby, that's what did it for me. Maybe he'll turn it around, maybe not.

Just find it hard to understand why folk are happy throwing our own under the bus in his name?

The worry is that on recent evidence, he simply does not know how to manage a football team.

His style of play and tactics are from another era and everyone knows how we are going to set up.

He does not know how to organise the defence or how to use our most creative outlets.

It is always a risk to sack a manager mid season but with this fella I cannot help but think that the bigger risk is keeping him in place.

Lord knows what damage he is going to do to the team during the window as he clearly has a talent for falling out with people.

If you are a mutant you'd be loving all of this and desperate for it to continue.
Beat Arsenal and drew away to the European champions.

loel.gif

This really. I think there are a lot of us who are agnostic on Benitez, but can tell the injuries have ruined any ability to do much.

He will get the second half of the season and be judged then. If there are still no signings or huge numbers of injuries, he will probably still be given more time.

Absolutely astonished last night. A jokey suggestion to swap Moyes and Benitez properly got a core of posters falling over themselves to denounce a former time served Everton manager in favour of a fading Benitez.

Let that sink in. Moyes, an imperfect, yet very good manager for us (who rebuilt the club from a shocking position and whom only first season Martinez has arguably performed comparatively since), thrown to the dogs so people can slaver over Benitez. Regardless of Moyes' merits, that's really sad to see.

Before anyone starts I've been pretty neutral on Benitez up until the Derby, that's what did it for me. Maybe he'll turn it around, maybe not.

Just find it hard to understand why folk are happy throwing our own under the bus in his name?
People arer coming round to the reality of a Benitez era and they are choosing loyalty over an insurrection that spites their own faces.

It isn't difficult for me to understand AT ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.