2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I think, if he is serious, he has to start either Simms or Dobbin - it would be an admission that he has been wrong and would change the mindset of the players and the crowd; both would be encouraging the youth to do well in a way that wouldn't happen with Rondon (or Tosun, who for all I think has been badly treated here would be mad to put 100% into any game for us at this point - if he gets injured, we aren't going to look after him).
Agreed even if in reality its more of a last chance saloon punt - at least he's attempted to do something.

I'll be honest the talk of us putting in a performance under the lights is obviously an appealing one - as its something that has happened before under various managers.

I dont think it will happen this time however, as my fear is the players themselves have rejected this manager utterly, in a similar way perhaps that many of the fans have. It could be down to past associations or outdated tactics or inabilty to set his team up properly - all of which is manifestly obviously true, but I believe that the players have downed tools and are now refusing to play for this man specifically.
I’m inclined to agree with you Kev and it’s shameful if true, but, in many ways he has brought it on himself, the stubborn, tactically inept dinosaur.

Agreed even if in reality its more of a last chance saloon punt - at least he's attempted to do something.

TBF I don't even think it is that much of a punt - Tosun is not, in the position he is in, going to have any incentive to do anything (and neither does Rondon tbf, as he knows the moment DCL is back he will be dropped). Simms or Dobbin have such an incentive.

Could do - but then we could nick a 2-1 tonight and talk of all this evaporates until the new year.
I’d love to think that you’re right, but, I don’t think so, I don’t think he is ever more than 1 defeat from being under intense pressure from here on in. My honest belief is that if we don’t get shut of him relegation is a possibility this season and a probability next season.

If you think it's just the fans who see what a massive waste of time Benitez is and not the players too you are going to be in for a rude awakening tonight.

Not one of those players besides Rondon is going to lose any sleep if Benitez gets sacked. It's clear none of them are enjoying playing for him and they were going to get him sacked like they did with the other managers they couldn't stand.

If you think it's just the fans who see what a massive waste of time Benitez is and not the players too you are going to be in for a rude awakening tonight.

Not one of those players besides Rondon is going to lose any sleep if Benitez gets sacked. It's clear none of them are enjoying playing for him and they were going to get him sacked like they did with the other managers they couldn't stand.
I think Townsend buys into it as well to be fair. Even if he wasn’t a Benitez man, I think he’s too honest a pro to give less than his best. Not a great player, but, a model professional.

For what it’s worth Jake, I agree with you, they have decided they want him out, they have form for it. The thing is, I think Moshiri may well call their bluff this time.

And these same players will do it to the next manager, and the one after that.

People may cheer the players downing tools on this manager but make no mistake they are charlatans who care little about you or I and will see to it that we achieve nothing for another good few seasons to come.

People may cheer the players downing tools on this manager but make no mistake they are charlatans who care little about you or I and will see to it that we achieve nothing for another good few seasons to come.

By doing so they are downing tools on the club and us the fans.

I think Townsend buys into it as well to be fair. Even if he wasn’t a Benitez man, I think he’s too honest a pro to give less than his best. Not a great player, but, a model professional.

For what it’s worth Jake, I agree with you, they have decided they want him out, they have form for it. The thing is, I think Moshiri may well call their bluff this time.
I’m not sure how Moshiri can actually call their bluff, unless relegation is something he is prepared to accept in exchange for that bluff - surely not?

This time their manager has taken them into a relegation fight so I can't blame them if they don't have any faith in the man.

Can you tell me you would be backing a man who has seen the team not pick up a win in over 2 months?

It's natural to lose belief when your boss clearly doesn't have a clue.

I’m not sure how moshiri actually call their bluff, unless relegation is something he is prepared to accept in exchange for that bluff - surely not?
I don’t imagine for one minute that that is his intention Kev, but, I think he may well ignore them for a while yet, in order to make them think that Benitez is staying in spite of their efforts. The real danger is that Moshiri is so stupid in football matters and has bought in to project Benitez so deeply, that he may just give it too long.

I hope I’m wrong, because, as you will be aware, Benitez can’t go soon enough for me, but, our owner is, to say the least, unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.