2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what's the plan if these two lads who are no stranger to injuries pick up more injuries between now and the end of the season? (if they're both even still here come February). I've not seen much of a plan so far from this master tactician with an elite CV.
he's been completely hamstrung. A dreadfully tin squad, and then not allowed to spend money.

It is mate but any manager who doesn't set us up to play Alladyce ball will have the same problems with this squad.

Hence people gagging for Lampard, Ten Hag, Anorim are deluded - like Koeman and Silva before them this squad will be in the bottom 6 soon as they are asked to actually try play football.
Look mate I’ve stayed off the board and I don’t want to get into a stupid pointless row but you can’t tell me you think the football we’ve played , the way we’ve set up , the substitutions all of it has been as good as it could have been . Honestly you just can’t & if you can’t then he’s partially responsible and if you’re at least partially to be blame for our worst run in decades , our worst derby defeat in decades and you’ve helped form a toxic atmosphere that does the exact opposite of help the club achieve results and you’re presiding over a slide to the relegation places then frankly it’s only right you’re under pressure .

he's been completely hamstrung. A dreadfully tin squad, and then not allowed to spend money.
That still doesn't answer the question of what is the plan if Mina and DCL are out for another 6 weeks come March? He's the manager - an elite one we are told. Shouldn't be able to coach Keane and Godfrey? They've dropped off a cliff compared to last season.

At least we know now who is a winner , surprised that Brands didn’t left ones Moshiri appointed Rafael as he wasn’t his choice for sure .

That still doesn't answer the question of what is the plan if Mina and DCL are out for another 6 weeks come March? He's the manager - an elite one we are told. Shouldn't be able to coach Keane and Godfrey? They've dropped off a cliff compared to last season.
Godfrey isn't fit, and Keane doesn't suit a system other than defending the 18 yard box. the only resolution for Keane is a change in personnel. Hopefully Godfrey gets better.

Which I've literally just said is fair.

What was so fair about criticising a pre season friendly defeat like we had just lost a cup final?

Or winning games 3-1?

Or having no money to spend?

I have no problem with fair and balanced criticism its the tribal hatred that winds me up.
I've always criticised him based on the fact that he is a bad fit for this club, as the partisan nature of this thread will confirm and that he is tactically inept, stubborn and hopelessly unsuited to 2020's football.

I made no bones about the fact that I didn't want him, but it was based as much in the fact I thought he was past his sell by date as the fact he was a Liverpool icon. I also gave him credit for the results, not the performances, at the beginning of the season.

We are where we are Moshiri is going to stick with him as long as he possibly can I just hope it's not too long because, Mark my words, this stubborn dinosaur is more than capable of relegating us.

Status
Not open for further replies.