2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He just got the vote of confidence from the owner and we are in our worst run of form for 22 years.

How much more evidence is required?

The vote of confidence is completely different to that of Koeman.

In Rafas case, Moshiri was more positive a D has acknowledged that Rafael needs recruitments and his teams get better in the latter half of the season.

In Koeman case he said the fans deserve better and was largely negative.

I've never been ecstatic about Benitez. I've just gave several quotes a few pages back about me thinking him 'merely the best of a bad bunch of options' and I don't rate him too highly at all as a manager.

And the reason 4-5 games would make a difference is because at that point we'd be 20 games into a 38 game season and in real relegation trouble. We're not yet - I appreciate that's hard for people to understand, but the word "yet" is important. If we sacked an Everton manager every time there's the first sign of trouble, we'd be sacking two managers a year every year.
thats not true - its just that we have never - and this is factually correct - had a manager who has collapsed this early in their reign as this waster has.

Shameful.

If we win Monday he's here for a long time as we'll be 8 points above the bottom 3 with a better GD - thats all the board will care about whilst BMD is being built.

All it takes is one scrappy win and whilst that looks difficult atm talk of an imminent sacking is very premature imo.
I cannot see a win what gives you such confidence what have you seen? Arsenal will pull us apart unless he changes his tactics but he never does.

Are people really using the Derby defeat to beat Benitez with... you are comparing two clubs... one in its best purple patch for nearly 30 years against a club who has been mis managed and wasted millions for years. If your going to bash Benitez be fair about it.. do it when he has the tools at his disposal and not one arm tied behind his back in the form of players not fit to wear the shirt, he is also having to manage with a shambles up above him with no direction or basic plan of how to go forward...
No mate, I think people are using Watford, Brentford and Villa and many other games like that to beat him with.

thats not true - its just that we have never - and this is factually correct - had a manager who has collapsed this early in their reign as this waster has.

Shameful.

If we applied the furoré on here to any Everton manager objectively, we'd have sacked Ancelotti after 1 win in 7 from 17 October to 5 December 2020; a terrible performance where we nicked a win against Fulham. We didn't, because we all understood the squad was rubbish, we'd had a few injuries and bad luck, and we couldn't do better than Ancelotti.

Same situation here, albeit worse results, but with many more mitigating circumstances. The same leeway isn't given to Benitez that was given to Ancelotti, and we all know why. Yes, Benitez doesn't deserve the same leeway as Ancelotti as he's a 'lesser' manager overall, but it's a fact people were at his neck before a ball was kicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.