2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t be on record as having backed a terrible kopite even as he went on a record breaking winless spell plunging the club into turmoil.

I can assure you my conscience will be clear unlike yours.
The thing is you’ve never backed anyone if my memory serves me. You are more than entitled to not like this appointment but as far as I can see you hate everyone and everything associated with Everton.

Not defending Benitez but pretty sure he signed Gray. It was reported that he's a long-time admirer of Gray and had been in contact with him regularly before being appointed as our manager. I don't think this was a Brands signing.

It was Brands mate. Brands was scouting Leverkusen all year, and looking for a ball carrier.

Benitez is full of sh1t, I wouldnt trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

He is the worst manager I can remember supporting Everton

We were more solid under caretaker managers.

We can't defend and don't even try to attack effectively

We are playing an archaic, rigid form of 442 that was last effective back in about 2005, incidentally when Benitez was last a top manager.

We have our worst form in 22 years

We are heading quickly towards the relegation zone

We lack comitment and heart on the pitch

We have too many below average players on mega contracts which aren't closing to ending

We have very little in the way of young talent coming through

We are the most boring side to watch in the division bar Newcastle, who are in 20th

Here endeth the lesson.

Just one clarification, this is worse than any run in the last 22 years. I went back to 1992, and can find no run worse than 1 point in 7 league games.

I suggest you do some more research. Begovic was the only player Brands brought to the club in the summer. Gray was 100% Rafas signing.

Go and read Rafas interview in which he clearly states that he had been following his career over the last 4 years. Was regularly in touch with his agent and was texting him whilst in Germany. Brands may have been scouting Germany, but Gray was all Rafael.

I have done research.

Brands was watching Gray for the 2nd half of last season and signed him.

Benitez signed Townsend, Begovic, Rondon and Lonergan. Basically one ok signing and 3 duds.

So politely, dont tell others who know far more than you, to do their research. Do your own research and learn the facts of the situation eh?

Just while we are on credibility, how are;
Coutinho, Perez, Koulibaly etc who you said we would sign this summer getting on?

Status
Not open for further replies.