2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you there I saw his mate King had written an article blaming everyone but him and the first thing I thought was that was probably the worst thing you could do for him because the board won't sack themselves so they'll do something else to make a statement instead and that is likely to be sacking him.

The board know they’re at rock bottom.

As much as they make stupid decisions, they’ve been able to hide behind Benitez and Ancelotti for a good time now.

But like Allardyce, we’ll forget as soon as he’s replace, and it’ll start getting better when it shouldn’t. It’s mental why they’d appoint him, and how it’s taken the likes of Danny Murphy for people to finally start paying attention.

Boards a joke.

I have not looked for the primary source but according this piece we had the second highest cost of injured players last season.

Yeah not surprising given the amount of money we throw at tosh footballers. But yeah, Delph, Gbamin, Rodriguez etc. all would cost a fortune.

The second graph you posted is a true reflection; last season was about average for injuries.

We'll be right at or near the top of that graph this season, although Gbamin and Tosun being 'fit' *nudge nudge wink wink* might offset it a bit.

More findings but not cost based

690.jpg
But Liverpool only had one injury so that must be fake.....

15 games where we were competitive WITH the first team available, and not when they weren't.

I know what conclusions I draw. The same as the owner probably.

…..whilst the injuries to key players are a definite factor, I’ve been majorly disappointed and extremely surprised by how he’s set the team up.

Whilst I never wanted him here, I actually thought he was a very decent coach but he’s shown no innovation in terms of team selection or game management.

A top coach can still overcome injury and suspension to eek out points but i thought he was largely responsible for the defeat on Sunday which is a big worry. Any manager would be under pressure for the run of results we’ve had, any manager would be considered for dismissal, the fact it’s Benitez was always going to raise the ire.

Ultimately his stubborn picking of Rondon over either Ellis or Dobbin, his continued playing of Iwobi and his complete lack of ambition on the pitch will see for him. We can all see Rondon is all but useless, we can see that Iwobi just is not good enough. Pick the bloody kids, got to be better than this.

I'm surprised he hasn't gone, tomorrow will be a bloodbath, we'll get battered.

…..whilst the injuries to key players are a definite factor, I’ve been majorly disappointed and extremely surprised by how he’s set the team up.

Whilst I never wanted him here, I actually thought he was a very decent coach but he’s shown no innovation in terms of team selection or game management.

A top coach can still overcome injury and suspension to eek out points but i thought he was largely responsible for the defeat on Sunday which is a big worry. Any manager would be under pressure for the run of results we’ve had, any manager would be considered for dismissal, the fact it’s Benitez was always going to raise the ire.
Anyone judging a manager who has to put that rubbish out needs their heads feeling.

He's won near everything, the dunces he's able to call on right now are no marks.

A lot of people pathericlaly trying to justify themselves if Benitez does get the say by saying it was his 'inflexibility' to play Dobbins or Simms and 'dinosaur tactics'.

That's not why you want him out, own it FFS.

I find it strange that people are defending this manager (don't care if its benitez or whoever). The truth is we've been awful for over two months and through our good start we hardly set the world alight. Regardless of who is in charge a run like we're on at the moment normally puts the managers position under scrutiny. Whether we have injuries or not the performances have just not been good enough that coupled with some very questionable tactics by continually playing rondon and iwobi and not giving any of the new lads a chance when its plain to see they couldn't possibly do any worse. It's right that his tenure is being questioned and he either turns it round sharpish or he's out on his ear.

A lot of people pathericlaly trying to justify themselves if Benitez does get the say by saying it was his 'inflexibility' to play Dobbins or Simms and 'dinosaur tactics'.

That's not why you want him out, own it FFS.

On the one hand there’s loads of fans calling Gordon out as nowhere near ready, no end product etc.

Then at the same time berating Benitez for not starting two kids whoa are miles behind Gordon in development. Beggars belief.

On the one hand there’s loads of fans calling Gordon out as nowhere near ready, no end product etc.

Then at the same time berating Benitez for not starting two kids whoa are miles behind Gordon in development. Beggars belief.
Hypocrites.

The hate mongers are now trying to make it look like they have a principled point to their opposition to Benitez.

Let's have it right: they were screaming for him to be sacked before the first game in charge....now they're hiding behind "poor tactics" and "not giving youth a chance".

As said: "own it".

Hypocrites.

The hate mongers are now trying to make it look like they have a principled point to their opposition to Benitez.

Let's have it right: they were screaming for him to be sacked before the first game in charge....now they're hiding behind "poor tactics" and "not giving youth a chance".

As said: "own it".
Spare the sweeping generalisations. You've complained about Brands and Moshiri for years for their muddled decision making, yet you seem to think the result of their latest major decision is destined for better things?
The hypocrite is you.

I was mildly positive to Benitez´ employment but the fact is he´s not performing. We are on an (almost) unprecedented run with extremely difficult games in the near future and our tactics have´nt been exactly awe inspiring and promising. One change against Brentford. One.

The Benitez supporters, how many more games must he be given before you´re willing to change your position? There has to be a limit, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.