2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Benitez wasn't on the pitch mate!
People need to start treating our players like professional footballers and not like babies that need their hand held 24/7.

No manager can prevent Michael Keane from being bullied by Josh King - only Michael Keane can.
It's literally the managers job to motivate, inspire, build confidence etc. You know, to manage them. Are you saying he can't do that?

Last edited:
It's literally the managers job to motivate, inspire, build confidence etc. You know, to manage them. Are you saying he can't do that?

If Carlo Ancelotti and Rafael Benitez - who have won 4x Champions Leagues between them, can not inspire this squad then what hope in hell have we of a Thomas Frank or Graham Potter doing it?

You're drunk on the Kool Aid im afraid.

If Carlo Ancelotti and Rafael Benitez - who have won 4x Champions Leagues between them, can not inspire this squad then what hope in hell have we of a Thomas Frank or Graham Potter doing it?

Are you saying Carlo is a good manager now since he won the Champions League 3x?

You've spent the past 8 months calling him crap and saying he should have done better. So was it crap players or a crap manager with Carlo?

If not getting enough out of those players to do better than 10th made him a crap manager then by that logic Benitez is a crap manager too and his past Champions League win also counts for naught.

So which is it? Was Carlo actually a good manager or are both he and Benitez crap managers and your point about the CL doesn't matter at all?

Are you saying Carlo is a good manager now since he won the Champions League 3x?

You've spent the past 8 months calling him crap and saying he should have done better. So was it crap players or a crap manager with Carlo?

If not getting enough out of those players to do better than 10th made him a crap manager then by that logic Benitez is a crap manager too and his past Champions League win also counts for naught.

So which is it? Was Carlo actually a good manager or are both he and Benitez crap managers and your point about the CL doesn't matter at all?

Ancelotti and Benitez are both good managers - both are limited in what they can do with this group of players.

My issue with Ancelotti was the unnecessary tinkering - playing 4x CM's and no wide player against Newcastle, Iwobi at LWB over Nkounkou etc.

Neither have enough to get this side in Europe unless we have a season of very few injuries to our starting 11.

All this hatred of the manager is no good for you mate.. let it go and turn over a new leaf like I have.

Can't believe some would back the lazy, feckless playing staff over the manager if there's conflict in training. They've taken the **** out of this club for years, but because of the managers connection to our rival, some people are pleased with these wasters!

Just read a story on how everyone's favourite sicknote caused mayhem at Bayern, no wonder Benítez got shot asap.

Silva waving as he comes up with fulham as he passes Everton going the other way.
Everton are so cursed i wouldnt bet against it.
Careful, you’ll be labelled a bedwetter for thinking like this, but I’m fearful that you might not be far wrong, given our horrendous upcoming fixtures against all the form teams (Brentford aside, a must win imo). If we can’t get to at least 20 pts by Xmas, it’s gonna be a long winter unless new blood in January can spark a revival.

Ancelotti and Benitez are both good managers - both are limited in what they can do with this group of players.

My issue with Ancelotti was the unnecessary tinkering - playing 4x CM's and no wide player against Newcastle, Iwobi at LWB over Nkounkou etc.

Neither have enough to get this side in Europe unless we have a season of very few injuries to our starting 11.

All this hatred of the manager is no good for you mate.. let it go and turn over a new leaf like I have.

1637261041031.png

A top manager gets the best out of the players at his disposal. Do you think Benitez is currently doing that?

1 win in 8?

It is hilarious going through the vaults seeing you moan about cult support for Ancelotti after the never-ending Benitez cheerleading you do these days.

View attachment 146098

A top manager gets the best out of the players at his disposal. Do you think Benitez is currently doing that?

1 win in 8?

It is hilarious going through the vaults seeing you moan about cult support for Ancelotti after the never-ending Benitez cheerleading you do these days.

That post is pretty spot on - I wasn't calling for his head and was ok in him getting another season to show some improvement. I would also say im right in that neither Carlo or Benitez are top managers anymore - good yes but the best ala Klopp/Pep/Simeone are miles ahead in the year of 2021/22.

Ancelotti had a cult following in the fanbase despite no improvement in 18 months and £70 million spent on his own players.

Benitez has not even been here 6 months and has had £1.5m to spend in comparison - only the fans with a clear agenda cant differentiate between the two.

1637261335076.png

1637261364860.png

You didn't think Potter was the only manager we could attract a few months ago.

Fairly sure we're still paying a decent wage to managers. Just more evidence of you changing your tune in your blind defence of Benitez.

Status
Not open for further replies.