2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling to see where we'll get 4 points from before Christmas.
Brentford might be 3 if they have a bad day (big on set pieces/big tall team)? a draw at Palace perhaps if they forget how to counter attack (Zaha vs Coleman) ?

Manchester City (A)

Brentford (A)

Liverpool (H)

Arsenal(H)

Crystal Palace (A)

Chelsea (A)

Leicester City (H)

That's the beautiful things about this game. The games you think you will win, we will end up losing and the games we think we will lose we will get something from.

That's the beautiful things about this game. The games you think you will win, we will end up losing and the games we think we will lose we will get something from.
Unfortunately that holds true with the majority of clubs. However, with Everton the games you think they will win we lose and the games we think we will lose we get hammered :Blink:

I think he's thick to be honest mate. Just have to look at his comments about why he hated Everton's dressing room when he signed.
Won't disagree with that but he made some good points.

Like him, I don't see an effective plan from Benitez on the pitch and I can see Benitez being sacked when fans turn on him soon.

He was fair enough to acknowledge the injuries and the lack of spending but that will only buy him breathing room which he has nearly ran out of.

No thats realistic for the mess Moshiri has made, Boro have beaten us to Chris Wilder and Newcastle to Howe so we have either a shot at Farke or Dean Smith or its poach a Dyche, Hasenhuttle or Gerrard, thats our short list, if you think we can do better why didnt we in the summer when it would of been easier?
Moshiri thought that there would be no issue appointing Benitez (who on paper without the obvious stuff would be fine.).

Moshiri is a bit of a dope though.

Dont think we have much choice Matty, if reports are anything to go by from last few days.

rather shift a few on first then maybe unearth a few more like Gray and Townsend.

but we DO need a right back asap, has to be a priority and some Left Back cover...........well actually the list is a large one not even Santa can fill his sacks this much!

if we won’t spend mate and continue to her injury’s it’s another waste of a season

Until their board stopped putting money into the club a few years ago the model actually worked fine there, we should know, we took their manager off them because of it.

They're still sticking with their model. Buying young, developing players. But they've become a selling club. Which isn't sustainable if you want to break the top 4.

Would fans be happy here to buy young, play attacking football, but finish 13th to 15th every season, whilst selling our best players once they've developed.

I didn't watch on Sunday and don't feel like it was a bad decision at all. I looked up the score at 5 to 4 at full time and watched some highlights.

That's the Benitez effect on my Everton experience. Apathy bordering on boredom. He's not the problem but he's not the solution either. It's inevitable that things go wrong in the near future and his position will become untenable.

They're still sticking with their model. Buying young, developing players. But they've become a selling club. Which isn't sustainable if you want to break the top 4.

Would fans be happy here to buy young, play attacking football, but finish 13th to 15th every season, whilst selling our best players once they've developed.
Every club in the world bar maybe 1 very small handful is a selling club.

Status
Not open for further replies.