2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate sub was a head scratcher, but aside from that I think he got it right yesterday

Giving Gordon his chance was a big tick in the plus column for me, and the players all put the effort in

If he can keep those sort of performance levels then we should hopefully start getting points on the board when we're back to full strength and have shored up the squad depth with a couple of cheeky January loans

I get why Allan was taken off. He was pressing and running a lot. We cannot risk injuring Allan.
But I thought it was odd Holgate came on.

Then again, when I look at the bench, there was only Gbamin, who was not up to pace against Wolves. Sure, midfield is Gbamin natural position, but I would've felt nervous if he had came on as well. That is just how poor our bench is.

But that's just all hindsight isn't it.

Against Watford, being overrun, did you think JPG or him in the middle might have helped stiffen us up?

He did have a mare.

Being out of position is not an excuse for the things he did wrong though. He just looked like somebody who was half asleep. Received the ball at one point with his back to a spurs player, took a touch, did nothing, and the spurs player just took the ball off him and was away. Shouldn't happen to any player at this level, in any area of the pitch.

He did have a mare.

Being out of position is not an excuse for the things he did wrong though. He just looked like somebody who was half asleep. Received the ball at one point with his back to a spurs player, took a touch, did nothing, and the spurs player just took the ball off him and was away. Shouldn't happen to any player at this level, in any area of the pitch.

Did that twice too.

Give him a chance, he has had 4 bad games Watford,Villa,Wolves and possibly West Ham but we only just lost that. He has a broken team which is only any good when our first 11 are available, so imo he does deserve a chance. We can’t keep changing managers every few months it’s getting ridiculous in the PL how quick managers are being sacked, give Benitez a bit of time.

2 points from 15

He should never have been given a chance in the first place

I think it would be helpful if the board or moshiri through Jim White came out and publicly backed benitez. If they just confirmed that it's a long term project and showed understanding for the bad recent form due to the injury crisis.

I just think such an act would settle things within the squad and stop some of the negativity in the fanbase.

And now ill play catch up with the late night shenanigans!
You're making assumptions on my post regards Poch and his record should be judged on winning trophies.
He regularly took Spurs to CL which if we're honest was what his paymaster would have preferred rather than domestic cup wins.
He had 5 seasons?? at the club during which time he had brought in over 20 players which imo makes it his team.
Levy ditched him when they were struggling and presumably thought he could take them no further.
Its a million miles away from where we are with Benitez short term.
Im not a fan of RB, never was, however have no massive hate for him either that clouds judgement like your own Windy.
How anyone can think he messed up yesterday is beyond me though.
I never said he messed up yesterday, we did alright (no better than alright, but alright). You boys love putting words in my mouth.

He needs to win a football match very soon.
Well we won’t beat City so I’d say if we don’t get 3 points against Brentford then he’s on thin ice. I noticed one of the tabloids yesterday (might have been the mirror) mentioned the possibility of him being sacked in the match write up.

Well we won’t beat City so I’d say if we don’t get 3 points against Brentford then he’s on thin ice. I noticed one of the tabloids yesterday (might have been the mirror) mentioned the possibility of him being sacked in the match write up.
With spurs and villa already sacking managers, if we dont pick up 3pts against Brentford he could be in serious bother.
His saving grace is we have an incompetent board and there's also no one out there that we would be jumping through hoops to get in.

With spurs and villa already sacking managers, if we dont pick up 3pts against Brentford he could be in serious bother.
His saving grace is we have an incompetent board and there's also no one out there that we would be jumping through hoops to get in.
I don’t think the board will sack him unless we’re being dragged into a relegation scrap. If we beat Brentford then he’ll have probably bought a bit of time. However, December’s fixtures are all reasonably difficult so he could well be out the door by Christmas if we don’t get a few results.

I struggle to see who comes in to replace him though.

I don’t think the board will sack him unless we’re being dragged into a relegation scrap. If we beat Brentford then he’ll have probably bought a bit of time. However, December’s fixtures are all reasonably difficult so he could well be out the door by Christmas if we don’t get a few results.

I struggle to see who comes in to replace him though.
Your last nail nails it, you struggle and so would they, just like they did in the summer, and it wil be harder now since no decent clubs are going to let Everton disrupt the season they are having trying to poach a Dyche or Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.