2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you say is completely reasonable mate and there are clearly lots of challenges. However 2nd half, with the same group of players, we were much better and at least competed in the game. That was with a tactical shift of playing a midfield 3 rather than 2. It was good of Benitez to make the change, but I am somewhat alarmed that it took him 45 minutes, of being annihilated by Wolves to realise what would seem quite obvious to us all.before kick off.

I agree the third man helped us but at the same time I think Wolves pulled back a bit which helped us get a foothold of the game.

Its still early days and new managers will always make teething problems getting used to a new squad I think its naive from fans to expect him or anyone to get it 100% right from the off.

I still maintain if Godfrey and Holgate had a brain between them that game finishes 1-1 and its not a disaster in the circumstances.

I wouldn't bet my house against Everton winning Spurs on Sunday as its what these gutless players do - be humiliated for 6-7 games then decide to turn up.

Its the same story every season - did it against Chelsea under Dunc when Silva was sacked. Did it against WHU under Unsworth after losing about 8 on the bounce.

Fans are angry but there is no quick fix - give Benitez his 2 year contract, let him gut the squad, hope the finances/wage bill improve by then see where we are at that point - if we've improved give Benitez his 3rd year extension if not shake hands and look elswhere.

One things for sure we aint attracting any decent manager with £1.7m to spend neither are we convincing a project type manager like Potter or Ten Hag to come when we sack manager after manager within 12-18 months. People dont like the truth but that is the harsh truth.

I agree the third man helped us but at the same time I think Wolves pulled back a bit which helped us get a foothold of the game.

Its still early days and new managers will always make teething problems getting used to a new squad I think its naive from fans to expect him or anyone to get it 100% right from the off.

I still maintain if Godfrey and Holgate had a brain between them that game finishes 1-1 and its not a disaster in the circumstances.

I wouldn't be my house against Everton winning Spurs on Sunday as its what these gutless players do - be humiliated for 6-7 games then decide to turn up.

Its the same story every season - did it against Chelsea under Dunc when Silva was sacked. Did it against WHU under Unsworth after losing about 8 on the bounce.

Fans are angry but there is no quick fix - give Benitez his 2 year contract, let him gut the squad, hope the finances/wage bill improve by then see where we are at that point - if we've improved give Benitez his 3rd year extension if not shake hands and look elswhere.

One things for sure we aint attracting any decent manager with £1.7m to spend neither are we convincing a project type manager like Potter or Ten Hag to come when we sack manager after manager within 12-18 months.
Just to be clear - and you are completely entitled to your opinion - you’d be ok with potentially getting relegated this season and let Benitez try and bring us back up ?

I love your posts Tim and you normally talk sense, but are we seriously arguing that a manager who has won La Liga titles and won the Champions League and won the FA Cup and guided the RS to second in the Premier League is not a good manager?
I am 100% arguing that. Those things happened a long time ago. Football has moved on.

If he cant even defend a corner properly then surely the alarm bells are ringing even for the most vocal members 0f the Benitez fan club.

This isn't my team. They don't represent me. They are an embarrassment to the club.

Just to be clear - and you are completely entitled to your opinion - you’d be ok with potentially getting relegated this season and let Benitez try and bring us back up ?

We aint getting relegated though - DCL/Doucoure/Mina back and we finish anywhere from 9th-12th.

We do this all the time hence why a new manager would be knackered from the start - soon as they lose a few and we are 10th/11th the bedwetters start claiming we're going down and we panic and chase the manager out.

We're a mid table club 8th-12th is what we do.

I wouldn't bet my house against Everton winning Spurs on Sunday as its what these gutless players do - be humiliated for 6-7 games then decide to turn up.

One things for sure we aint attracting any decent manager with £1.7m to spend neither are we convincing a project type manager like Potter or Ten Hag to come when we sack manager after manager within 12-18 months. People dont like the truth but that is the harsh truth.
Howes available though.

We aint getting relegated though - DCL/Doucoure/Mina back and we finish anywhere from 9th-12th.

We do this all the time hence why a new manager would be knackered from the start - soon as they lose a few and we are 10th/11th the bedwetters start claiming we're going down and we panic and chase the manager out.

We're a mid table club 8th-12th is what we do.
No sorry, not having that, could you please answer the question

What ive seen lately with this zonal marking. Its pure deja vu with marco silva.
If that stubborness to persist with something that these players proved they couldnt adapt to then stability can often just be a word that sounds good. You need something to grab onto that says its worth persisting with.
But he has already told us that it's what he did years ago and didn't work initially but 2 years later worked really well. Only 2 years to go before we can defend.

We’re a mid table team at best and we are 10th, I’m my eyes Benitez has us we’re we should be. Their isn’t a manger out their that could get this gang of clueless idiots anywhere near the top 6.

No because its a stupid question that doesn't deserve an answer.

"Well FB92 would you stick by Benitez if it came that he's a child killer?"

Hypothetical nonsense that has no bearing on reality.
So you think there is a nil chance of relegation this season.

you and I know that simply isn’t the case, we’ve lost 3 in a row and won 1 in 7.

you’re refusing to answer a basic question with a yes or no outcome and I want a yes or no.

At least if we had a project manager we could see the club had a strategy….

With this dinosaur in charge there is no strategy. He is not a good manager. We will continue to play the kind of football where we concede posession, sit back and hope we can counter attack.

Is anyone happy with this kind of football?

let’s get rid now…. Realise our mistake and change it. It will be much worse in 2/3 months time if we stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.