Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle fans loved him and wish he was there now. Rafael has a unique ability to bond with fans and make them think he is doing well even when results show otherwise. He always turns fans against the owners by saying he does not get the transfers he needs even though his own history with transfers is dreadful to say the least. Essentially, except for one night of greatness in the Champions League many years ago he is a glorified Sean Dyche.

Wasnt that mainly due to they hate mike ashley and benitez took their side with that. Very quick way to get the fans on your side.
The football was absolute dire stuff. So it clearly wasnt that reason.

We can only hope.

tenor.gif

Being an outsider in all this but i think Rafael is a really good manager and will do well for your mob , he knows the game and as managed some big clubs

Prior performance seems to dissolve into pot luck when people turn up at Everton mate, but I guess something has to click at some point...

It feels like an odd appointment, an odd one for our new manager, I mean why would he want the Everton job? You would assume he doesn't need to work.

It's certainly an odd appointment for our supporters, he's not won anything for years aside from a Second Division Championship (actually perhaps he fits in well here!)

I can't see this "marriage" ending any other way than all the rest of our recent appointments.

I'll get behind him because he's now our manager not theirs but I can't see it ending well

Well he’s here now so what can we do moan about him or stop going the game while he’s here? I would rather be proved wrong in not wanting him and he brings us success than be proved right and we’re crap so we can say I told you so!
He will only ever be 45 minutes of football away from everyone wanting him gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.