Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep....disappointing isn’t it. However, I would not be surprised if that was not far off the average PL finishing position for Everton since the PL started early nineties
Yes the Moyes years of top five, six or seven (or higher still top four 2005) - more often than not - seem along time ago.

West Ham seem to be heading that way now.

Possibly it is but how can you say the Smith/Walker years were anything but a nadir for the club.

this does feel like the Smith years for me now actually.
Yes but you see the point? Thirty years of PL and the average position is 10.32, thanks to @MikelsGoat Some people on here seem to think Everton are suddenly going to become challengers. Ain’t going to happen for sometime I’m sorry to say

Ancelotti could see this coming a mile off. I bet he was laughing to himself when he was talking about the club challenging at the top of the league next season.
Excellent point.

as soon as heard it he was on the phone to Madrid to issue his come and get me plea.

So you accept he is a bad manager, who would only accept the shameful exercise in transfer dealings we have seen this summer, because of the money, locality and the fact that no one else wanted him.

thanks for that acknowledgment.

Nope he was the best available who also wouldnt need a massive budget to bring in 10 new players to suit a completely different style of play such as Potter/Favre etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.