Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been quietly very much against this appointment, but then a small glimmer of a smile crossed my face earlier as I had a thought.
Not read the thread so soneone else may have already posted something similar:

Imagine we are being Everton, 5 easy games lost in a row, crowds on his back, and we take to the field in a Merseyside derby, Kopites sing his name in a naff, faux, pre organised display of spontaneous classness...
And we score..
And with a combination of the previous games, the pressure he's under, the sense of occasion... He forgets where he is and celebrates..
All those hearts breaking, the cries of judas... Just the cries... The visible rage and sense of entitlement would be awesome to behold.
Rawk would cause the Internet to be banned.

Almost worth bringing him in just for the possibility of it lol.

In your dreams. Take more than 1 win even a derby one.

In your dreams. Take more than 1 win even a derby one.

You reckon?
I'm thinking the other way, I reckon they would break instantly.
Wouldn't even need a win, just a hint of a smile from him at a goal scored against them, and the command to start building effigies to burn would ring out from the asylum.

You reckon?
I'm thinking the other way, I reckon they would break instantly.
Wouldn't even need a win, just a hint of a smile from him at a goal scored against them, and the command to start building effigies to burn would ring out from the asylum.

For me it would. Look at this way, lose first 5, win 1 (derby he smiles), lose next 5.

I have been going to games since 1961 (yes I am that old) and cannot recall any managerial appointment for our club that has caused so much difference of opinion.
Stands to reason, given he's the only 1 who had anything to do with Liverpool and we live in age of social media where every decision, big or small, is debated openly and at length, usually with insults, all over the Internet.

There are people actively arguing over how the new shirt is either beautiful or hideous.

I can't forsee a time when we have a consensus about any Everton related decision again. Even if we win the league this year, there will still be an enormous amount of people who want rid of him, because they have to be right. And I'm sure the argument against this will be "Well he won't because he's crap, so it's a ridiculous argument".

For what it's worth, past associations included, I already like him more than Koeman.

I have been quietly very much against this appointment, but then a small glimmer of a smile crossed my face earlier as I had a thought.
Not read the thread so soneone else may have already posted something similar:

Imagine we are being Everton, 5 easy games lost in a row, crowds on his back, and we take to the field in a Merseyside derby, Kopites sing his name in a naff, faux, pre organised display of spontaneous classness...
And we score..
And with a combination of the previous games, the pressure he's under, the sense of occasion... He forgets where he is and celebrates..
All those hearts breaking, the cries of judas... Just the cries... The visible rage and sense of entitlement would be awesome to behold.
Rawk would cause the Internet to be banned.

Almost worth bringing him in just for the possibility of it lol.
If they call him Judas after the seasons gone it'll all be worth it.

Stands to reason, given he's the only 1 who had anything to do with Liverpool and we live in age of social media where every decision, big or small, is debated openly and at length, usually with insults, all over the Internet.

There are people actively arguing over how the new shirt is either beautiful or hideous.

I can't forsee a time when we have a consensus about any Everton related decision again. Even if we win the league this year, there will still be an enormous amount of people who want rid of him, because they have to be right. And I'm sure the argument against this will be "Well he won't because he's crap, so it's a ridiculous argument".

For what it's worth, past associations included, I already like him more than Koeman.
Out of interest mate is that because you liked him more that you liked Koeman pre-appointment or has Benitez done or said something worthy of note in his first week or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.