Questions From Newcastle Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome mate, I am sure you will get some good responses.

What's your view of your season?
The responses were good, thanks to everyone who took the time to help us. Our season has been a bit disappointing given we gave up on Europe the moment we sold Cabaye and didn't sign any replacements. I think we are all hoping that we can secure 8th and get to the summer to rehaul our squad. Ashley has pledged to make 6-7 signings, which i'll believe when I see it, but the indications suggest we will be better equipped next season. I think you should come up to SJP and win tomorrow as we are very poor without Remy and Debuchy. Our full backs aren't the best as our first choice rb and lb are missing. If Ben Arfa doesn't start, you will easily win. If he does, we have a slightly better chance.

this is even a new low for you Alan,It was only youre stadium you were banned from.Oh the ticket price for Swansea wasnt that much,oh the big fine.Sorry

@Jake_YCCMY

Honest opinion of Pardew?
He's a good manager, he sets up the side well usually and he'll always get results from somewhere. I wanted him out last season and for the start of the season, but he has recovered well and as I'm scared who Ashley would get in, I want him to stay. If we were to get a new manager like Martinez, who plays good football and gets results, I'd replace Pardew, but we would end up with Hoddle or Kinnear. Pardew is a [Poor language removed] for his touchlines actions and arrogence, but we could have worse. Ashley really has ruined this club, but at least we know what we get with Pardew.

Hi lads, i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. We are grateful to anyone who takes the time to answer them. The questions are:

1 – How do you think you’ll line up?

Don't think there'll be any surprises. I would like to think that Deleufeo will get at least 30 minutes, as I think he'll be the sort of play we need at some point.

2 – How has Everton’s season gone so far? Happy?

Better than any of us could have wished for, so far. Disappointed that we didn't really use January window very well, and just hope that we can get over the line.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed?

Lots of positive surprises for us:
Barkley, Stones, Coleman, Jags & Distin, Barry, Mirallas, McCarthy, Lukaku & Oviedo have all been great.

Disappointed with Traore, Heitinga, Jelevic, Kone (injury), Alcarez (wtf), Velios and Gueye.

4 – How good is Ross Barkley? Should he go to Brazil? And start?

He's as good a young player as we have in this country, but as with all young players he still has much to learn and needs work hard to be able to deliver consistently good performances.

5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?

Lukaku for us. If he plays well and takes his chances then I think we'll win.

6 – Where do you think Everton will finish now?

Reckon 6th myself. 5th at best.

7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now?

8th.

8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down?

The top 6 will probably stay in those positions. Too tough to call the order.

9 – Scoreline prediction?

A tight 1-1.

10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?

wtf?

Thanks again.

Everton 2, Newcastle 1

Barkley is the real deal and you'll see why, yet again. Not really all that worried about holding off a Cabaye-less front line, but I think it will be a tough match being that we're Away.

We just have to generate a ton of scoring chances, stay focused, and not get too comfortable if we're fortunate enough to get an early lead, as we saw in Saturday's match. Away matches are always tough though. Should be a good one.

Hi lads, i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. We are grateful to anyone who takes the time to answer them. The questions are:

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed?

Thanks again.

1. Howard
Coleman-Stones-Distin-Baines
McCarthy-Barry
Mirallas-Osman-McGeady
Lukaku

2. Better than expected, but less than early promise showed. Yes, happy.

3. Martinez? Maybe Howard? Everyone else has been as advertised. Osman has been lacking, and at times Mirallas as well, but few disappointments.

4. Very good. Yes. Maybe.

5. The ones in Blue

6. 5

7. 8/9

8. Top-six: same as current; Relegation: Cardiff, Fulham, WBA

9. 1-2

10. Potato

Thanks again.

What is it like being in a different league to Everton?

Howard, Coleman, Stones, Distin, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Osman, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku.
Fairly well, all things considered. We're in a period of 'transition' with a new manager coming in and it's certainly going to take time for players to adapt to the very different style of play. And for Martinez to bring in the type of players he wants. We started well, but a poor away run - which included being knocked out of the FA Cup - means we have all but missed out on CL. However, I'd be very pleased with the 1st season if we were to make Europa League including playing some decent togger along the way.
John Stones and Bryan Oviedo have been good deputising for more experienced players. But the partnership of Barry and McCarthy in midfield has been great. I have to admit, at first I was very sceptical having lost Fellaini.
Mirallas. Although scoring 5 and creating 7, for the most part Mirallas has been poor. He drifts in and out of games.

He's good. But not great, yet. He should definitely go to Brazil as he offers England something different to any other midfielder - pace, strength and technical ability. I don't he should start, though, at times his decision making is poor.
Lukaku and Remy (if he plays).
5th/6th
9th
Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs.
Palace, Fulham, Cardiff.

1-1. I know your on a poor run and we can't seem to win away (or keep a clean sheet).
Cauliflower. Depends on how it's cooked - often really nice; but frequently lets you down.

Thanks again.
There you go mate.

Howard, Coleman, Stones, Distin, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku

Started off so well and our style of football under Martinez along with his positivity gave us such great optimism as the season progressed. But injuries over the winter period and an underwhelming transfer window (something I'm guessing you guys can relate to) hampered us big time. The truth is, to mix it properly with the big boys you have spend the dollar.

I had my reservations over Barry but from his very first game against Chelsea he has been a brilliant acquisition for us, McCarthy's fee also troubled me but he's worth every penny. Mirallas has been the biggest disappointment for me, I thought he'd really kick on this season as he has lots of ability but we've only seen flashes of what he can do.

He is very very good! He should go to Brazil as he can do brilliant things! He should not start but equally he seems to struggle to make an impact from the bench.

I've got to admit I've lost track of Newcastle and their individual performers. I've not seen Remy's name mentioned for a while (I assume he's injured) but there is a player who is real threat and I'm a big fan. I also really rate Debuchy. I think our forward lads will be key here, mainly the players behind Lukaku. Pick the right pass and more clinical touch and I'll think we'll get space to exploit.

5th/6th

8th

Top: Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Everton Man Utd. Relegation: Fulham, Cardiff, Sunderland

1-2

A shallot.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

4-2-3-1 - Howard - Coleman - Jagielka - Distin - Baines - McCarthy - Barry - Deulofeu - Barkley - Mirallas - Lukaku
Chuffed to pieces, I always liked Martinez but did not think things would go this well after Moyes. He has certainly already gone a decent way to rebuilding our reputation as the School of Science - but I am not counting my chickens just yet.
Many would say Ross, but I am not surprised. Bryan Oviedo turned himself into a key part of the squad in about five games. Steven Pienaar has disappointed but he is still a match for any full back on his day - consistency has been a problem.
He can be as good as he wants to be, and I think he has got all of the right attributes to take the mantle of the likes of Rooney and Gerrard - he is a naturally gifted footballer and works hard. I would take him to Brazil, and I think he needs to start games to be effective, but even if he doesn't then it will be a brilliant experience for him.
Leighton Baines for us - I don't think I need to explain that. This season has seen Seamus Coleman turn into a key player - at the back and going forward and Gareth Barry has been a rock. We need these three to perform at your place. For Newcastle, your centre halves and full-backs because at times we are lethal at putting the ball in from out wide. Your forwards will get a sniff and a chance to make an impact.
My heart says fourth but my head says fifth - I will still see this as progress.
Eighth - there is quality there, would be challenging Manchester United if not for the loss of Cabaye.
At the top I think it will be some arrangement of the teams that are already in the top six, and the same at the bottom: Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland.
3-3, for me this is tougher than the fixture against Manchester United at Goodison.
Can we be a mushroom? We grew in a place where we could have been absorbed by Liverpool's shadow and we are a strong top club with a great tradition and our own honours list.

All the best after Tuesday!

The responses were good, thanks to everyone who took the time to help us. Our season has been a bit disappointing given we gave up on Europe the moment we sold Cabaye and didn't sign any replacements. I think we are all hoping that we can secure 8th and get to the summer to rehaul our squad. Ashley has pledged to make 6-7 signings, which i'll believe when I see it, but the indications suggest we will be better equipped next season. I think you should come up to SJP and win tomorrow as we are very poor without Remy and Debuchy. Our full backs aren't the best as our first choice rb and lb are missing. If Ben Arfa doesn't start, you will easily win. If he does, we have a slightly better chance.

ha, we know how you feel, more than any other club probably.

how do you reckon you will line up mate, good to hear debuchy and remy out

Status
Not open for further replies.