Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The players aren’t good enough to dictate the tempo and close teams down. Not any player can do that because when you close down you are committing and that’s when really good teams will fight fire with fire and trounce us.
What our players do such as Gomes for example or even iwobi is allow the other team space and time and let them play in safe areas and that way they don’t hurt us. Problem is they’re biding their time but the end result is just the same.
I disagree with the first part. There's no way EVERY team we play has better players than us. Our players are more than capable of doing the basics - closing down players and when on the ball, moving into space. I agree when it comes to the big teams. But we've shown it's both doable and works in the second half of our 2 home games.

Completely agree with the second part, it's painful to watch, knowing that they'll allow them time and space and the inevitable is going to happen.

I disagree with the first part. There's no way EVERY team we play has better players than us. Our players are more than capable of doing the basics - closing down players and when on the ball, moving into space. I agree when it comes to the big teams. But we've shown it's both doable and works in the second half of our 2 home games.

Completely agree with the second part, it's painful to watch, knowing that they'll allow them time and space and the inevitable is going to happen.
Not every team is better than our 1st 11 but as soon as we get injuries we are screwed and it changes and we are not as good as most teams we play against. Our form this season and last proves this.
With a few injuries we drop points/play badly, with everyone available we generally win.
Whenever we field Gomes and Davies in the same team I predict a loss. Not sure about stats, I’m not an anorak but it’s my perception.

Yeah, just like a 2nd round win against Huddersfield gave us a shot at the final.

FFS, the lengths you people will go to discredit the manager.
stop being obtuse, you!!

one degree of separation vs 4 or 5 degrees of separation.

why not say its the same as Marine having a shot at the European supercup - if you're going to extrapolate something to the extremes, do it properly.

stop being obtuse, you!!

one degree of separation vs 4 or 5 degrees of separation.

why not say its the same as Marine having a shot at the European supercup - if you're going to extrapolate something to the extremes, do it properly.
We would still have been miles off a final appearances given the quality still left in.

It's being made to sound like we had a clear passage through to a final.

Even worse was York City
Bradford,Port Vale,Millwall,Brentford ,Reading off the top of my head!!
It goes right back to Shrewsbury in this league cup in the quarter final or semi final not long after the league cup was introduced and of course they beat us again in the FA cup with Kevin Ratcliffe as their manager against a Moyes led team, Shrewsbury finished bottom of their league that year and became a non league club, Everton and the league cup have never got on together!!

Status
Not open for further replies.