Purple Hearts saga regarding former GK Albert Dunlop - A response from Tony Kay with his version

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of a right to reply: the Echo and Prentice in particular - what can you expect? As if they couldn't have edited Kay's letter and suggested a different form of words regarding Dunlop and still allowed the response. Cowards.

Colin Harvey did mention this incident in his biography though (which I relayed in turn on here). IIRC Harvey believed it to be more common practice in the game than people give credit for, with trainers looking to gee up a player.

Am told Prentice is a blue but the way he's came across over the years makes me doubt he is, why even print it now if it's been done before what's there to gain other than kopites pointing the finger especially the younger ones who wouldn't of known about Dunlops account.

Snappy thread title

The lack of a right to reply: the Echo and Prentice in particular - what can you expect? As if they couldn't have edited Kay's letter and suggested a different form of words regarding Dunlop and still allowed the response. Cowards.

Colin Harvey did mention this incident in his biography though (which I relayed in turn on here). IIRC Harvey believed it to be more common practice in the game than people give credit for, with trainers looking to gee up a player.

The only words I would deem necessary to remove are the 'very-average' from the 4th paragraph. It's extraneous and detracts slightly from the article. The other parts about Kay's opinion of Dunlop would have to remain, as they provide the necessary context as to why he might come up with such a story.

Kay's impassioned response leads me to believe that if there was any enhancement through drugs, it was not orchestrated at a team level, but at an individual level unbeknownst to the rest of the players.

The only words I would deem necessary to remove are the 'very-average' from the 4th paragraph. It's extraneous and detracts slightly from the article. The other parts about Kay's opinion of Dunlop would have to remain, as they provide the necessary context as to why he might come up with such a story.

Kay's impassioned response leads me to believe that if there was any enhancement through drugs, it was not orchestrated at a team level, but at an individual level unbeknownst to the rest of the players.
Albert Dunlop was ‘a nasty piece of work; a bully and a thug...He was embittered, cruel and deeply unpopular.

They couldn't print that, tbh. But they are absolutely wrong in not finding (or even attempting to find, I'd wager) a form of expression that could convey Kay's message.

As said, Prentice and the Echo need to hang their heads in shame trying to avoid giving a key member of that team the right to reply. It was an unprovoked attack on Everton and one they've now compounded by failing to provide others the right to rebuff their attack on one of the club's Championship winning teams.

And on that ^^^ note: I wonder WTF are the club's media team doing to counter this? Probably standing round with their thumbs up their arses as per usual.

Please do not forget that the allegations Dunlop made were dismissed by the FA -I doubt that a very strict manager in HC would have stooped so low with so much at risk!

I'm getting tired of these Dunlop allegations. The Echo need to get a grip and stop treading the same old path. Properly stuck in a rut, that place.

Please do not forget that the allegations Dunlop made were dismissed by the FA -I doubt that a very strict manager in HC would have stooped so low with so much at risk!
I thought it strange at the time of reading Harvey's book that he'd have given credence (or at least, exposure) to that Sunday People 'expose'. Maybe he thought that given the title of his book about Everton 'secrets' it made sense to have it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.