Pure Rumour - Heitinga to Inter £10m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he persists on having a defender at CM then I wish he'd go with Johnny over Nev though. Johnny can at least control and pass a ball, and he doesn't move like everything around him is being fast forwarded.

Disagree, Johnny's only good going in straightish lines. Turns like the ferry. I sincerely hope neither ever play CM again but I'd pick Nev over him if I had to.

Do you believe that mate ? That he'll stay and fight for his place because he loves it here and he's metaphorically 'shaking his fist' at the Board . It's a quote from a player that seems happy enough to stay on his massive ages wages in the full knowledge that despite the club looking into the possibility of moving him on for some time there isn't one offer on the table and at the same time this player has made no indications he wants a new deal. I can give you quotes from only a couple of days ago from Charlie Adam saying he doesn't want to leave and wants to fight for his place and simultaneously his agents is actively seeking clubs for him.

If that's what you believe mate I obviously can't influence that but it does seem naive to me . This is the same player who when in demand was repeatedly 'misquoted' , let's see his position if a 'Big' club tabled a significant bid.

I specifically believe he's in no hurry to encourage £5M bids from average clubs, unlike our board. I don't doubt he'd move on if a "bigger" club became interested with sign on fee and higher wages etc.

In the meantime, we've sold Yobo, and taking a low offer for Heittinga just because his contract is down to two years would be economically unsound.

Moist likes Jags, whats the problem here?

Theres arguements for the 3 of them, we ALL have our preference, its Human Nature to have favourites.

Problem is when i have to read guff about players "fighting for their place" when some have to fight harder than others.

Which is how it is and not entirely a bad thing to have your preferred selections but if there's a possibilty we might lose a player of Heitings calibre despite him playing superbly when asked but losing his place regardless of form when others don't it anoys me.

Normally i'd like to see a settled centre half partnership but i reckon we could get away with rotation if we had to at cb to keep everyone happy this season.

Disagree, Johnny's only good going in straightish lines. Turns like the ferry. I sincerely hope neither ever play CM again but I'd pick Nev over him if I had to.

He's not the most mobile Johnny but he's more mobile than Neville.

Oil rigs are more mobile than Neville ffs.

He's not the most mobile Johnny but he's more mobile than Neville.

Oil rigs are more mobile than Neville ffs.

If they had a 100m race you could go and make a cuppa on the gun and you'd have finished it by the time they stopped running.

For me Neville's lateral movement shades it, despite his running in treacle strides.

If they had a 100m race you could go and make a cuppa on the gun and you'd have finished it by the time they stopped running.

For me Neville's lateral movement shades it, despite his running in treacle strides.

If all Nev has a slightly less gash lateral movement (and I don't agree) then that's still not enough for me. Even with his superior pointing abilities.

I'm not going to get too worked up though as generally speaking I like our defenders to remain in defence!

If all Nev has a slightly less gash lateral movement (and I don't agree) then that's still not enough for me. Even with his superior pointing abilities.

I'm not going to get too worked up though as generally speaking I like our defenders to remain in defence!

One day I'll tell the grandkids about his pointing. Doubt we'll ever see the likes again in our time.

Pointing so epic it made it onto the title sequence of MOTD.

Distin really isnt getting any younger, it would be total madness to get rid of Heitinga.

We'd have to sign a CB in the 4-6M range and I can't really think of one that a) we'd want b )another team would sell. I've been critical of him in the past but he had an excellent season and if this is the year we are going to make a run we need 3 good CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.