'Proud to be Blue' Flag Day at Goodison on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysInBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
The club wants people to bring flags to decorate the ground for Saturday, but wants them all in by 1pm on Friday.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/04/29/show-your-colours-on-saturday

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evertonians can give the Blues a Goodison send-off by showing their colours during Saturday's game.

In the final home fixture of the season, Roberto Martinez's men welcome Manchester City for a 5.30pm kick-off which has plenty at stake.

And as the campaign draws to an exciting close, supporters can embrace the Proud To Be Blue theme surrounding the penultimate game.

A huge crowd flag has been produced and will travel from the Upper Gwladys and across the Upper Bullens moments before kick-off to salute the manager at the end of his first campaign in charge.

Supporters are invited to bring their own flags to the game to be displayed in the stadium. If you would like to do so, please drop your flag at Park End reception before 1pm on Friday. Please note, flags must be no larger than 1.5m wide by a 1m drop.

There's still a chance to win tickets to the sold-out clash courtesy of Thomas Cook Sport by sharing your proudest moment of the season. Click here for full details.

In the build-up to the game, the Fan Zone will open at 3.30pm for entertainment, giveaways and live music - including a duet by local singer Jennifer Jewell and former Goodison great Ian Snodin.

The Players' Parade will be open from 3pm, giving fans the chance to meet and greet the squad on arrival in the Park End car park.

Also outside the ground, the Everton stilt-walkers return and will be handing out miniature flags to junior Blues.

Percussion group Batala will be performing along Goodison Road to drum up the atmosphere in the build-up to kick-off.

And after the game, supporters are advised to stay seated as the players will perform a lap of honour around the pitch to sign off the season at Goodison.

A selection of first-team players will at this point take charge of t-shirt cannons to fire limited edition 'Proud To Be Blue' shirts into the crowd.

For those not attending the final home game of the campaign, free live radio commentary will be available via evertonfc.com.

And Evertonians around the world will also be able to show they are proud of the team this season by printing out specially-designed cards and tweeting @everton using #proudtobeblue

-----------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to shouting 'Shoooooooooooot' when Tony Hibbert is in charge of the t-shirt cannon after the game.

Got my flag ready

flgmancwb2.jpg

Is it just flags, or are p*ss stained bed sheet homemade banners also acceptable?

Actually ignore that, our neighbours have that trademarked.

coincidence that a lot of fans will want a city win that the club have decided to create a good atmosphere for the players? The club knows we all want a city win!

I'm just made up that the Upper Gwladys Street is finally getting some flag love.

Sat up there for nearly 30 years and never had so much as a stray football land in my end.

And now we're going to get to pass a bloody big flag over our heads and into the Upper Bullens Stand.

Beyond excited here lads!

would love too see all blue tbh, how boss is it watching Bayern, Dortmund, etc. and seeing all the flags, colours etc. hate seeing just north face grey everywhere!

would love too see all blue tbh, how boss is it watching Bayern, Dortmund, etc. and seeing all the flags, colours etc. hate seeing just north face grey everywhere!

I'd be annoyed if I was sat behind one of their whopping big flags.

Flags are for slags.

Status
Not open for further replies.