Pressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikecheese

Member: Team PoP
Why is it that we simply can't cope when teams press us?

Is it that we simply don't have good enough players?

We pressed Chelsea very hard on a few occasions today, and they just calmly worked their way out of it.

So is it simply a lack of talent, or is it something else?

Perhaps it's taking longer than expected to iron out the previous season(s) shortcomings?

And I do think that we need quite a change in midfield. We missed Gueye badly, and as good as Barry is he's not gonna be able to do much while being overrun by Chelsea when his only help is the wonderfully talented Tom Cleverley.

We pressed Chelsea very hard on a few occasions today, and they just calmly worked their way out of it.

Pretty much answered it all there

I'm a 100% Koeman IN no doubt but this whole 'pressing is the only aspect of football' lark is rather getting on my man boobs, I can tell you.

Perhaps it's taking longer than expected to iron out the previous season(s) shortcomings?

And I do think that we need quite a change in midfield. We missed Gueye badly, and as good as Barry is he's not gonna be able to do much while being overrun by Chelsea when his only help is the differently abled Tom Cleverley.
FTFY.

Also didn't help that GazBaz had one of his rare bad games, really.

Give quality players time and space and look what happens. can't understand how koeman has got us camped so deep and just lumping up field back to them. If that is the formation they have been working in training for the last week then 6m a year for koeman is absolute robbery.

We don't have the players up.top; lukaku ain't going to be chasing balls down all game nor is barkley. I expected more from bolasie

Pressing is a poor relation to getting on the ball and playing. Too much is made of pressing. The germane point is that we cant mount attacks because we're too concerned to get the ball up to Lukaku asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.