Press Conference thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not usually one for press conferences as always busy etc.

Does anyone know how silva is with team news during his press conferences? Does he give much away? For example will he give anything away about who will start in midfield or up top tomorrow?

Does anyone know how silva is with team news during his press conferences? Does he give much away? For example will he give anything away about who will start in midfield or up top tomorrow?
He proper does not like them, it's a bit funny but also makes it a bit hard to warm to him. Don't really care about his fuzzy demeanor if he wins tho!

He usually says who’s not fit and if there was injuries whether they have trained or not but not generally giving out the team news

Marco Silva says Andre Gomes still a doubt for tomorrow.

Fabian Delph still out.
Leighton Baines back working with the squad

Transfer Update
“Morgan Schneiderlin, if he is linked with other clubs, it is not important to me.
“Morgan is part of our squad. When I finished the squad last Thursday, he will be here until the end, until January, with all of them.
“We have Morgan and JP [Gbamin] for that position.
“It is not the position to talk about Kevin and Niasse. You know my opinion on them. The market is open and it is possible something could happen.”

Iwobi Latest
“Now it’s a matter for us to put him in the best physical condition possible.
“He’s working really hard and well. It’s up to me whether I put Alex in the squad tomorrow.”

Stronger Squad?
“It’s a different squad. I have not said it is stronger or better. We have to prove that during the season.
“We signed good, important players but lost a very important player.
“We are not comparing one squad with the other.”

Fortress Goodison
“It’s important for us to play at Goodison. It’s really important for us to make Goodison our fortress.
“We finished last season playing really well with a fantastic connection with our fans.
“They play a key part during the game and was a big part of our season. In our best moments they were there and in other moments also. We did well together.”

On Watford
“What they try, I think all the teams try also, to get stronger and sign important players.
“Their style of play will not change in my opinion. It is clear what they tried to do.
“They already had a strong XI last season and it will be the same tomorrow.”

Home Clean Sheets
“You have to put quality in your work.
“We have to make them believe that is the way to make us stronger as a team.
“Even in that period, with some changes in our backline, we did really well.
“The numbers are good not just at Goodison. Nine clean sheets in 12 is fantastic in the Premier League.
“We as a team are working very well and hard.”

More Clinical
“We have to be more clinical in the opposition box.
“We create enough chances to win a football match.”

New Signings Ready?
“Now is my job to settle them in the right way.
“Some are ready if I need them. Some need some time.
“Alex arrived last week. Some are ready to play if I decide.
“In the meantime we have to work with them inside. They will learn more but in time I have to decide the best XI in each game.”

Last edited:
Marco Silva says Andre Gomes still a doubt for tomorrow.

Fabian Delph still out.
Leighton Baines back working with the squad

Transfer Update
“Morgan Schneiderlin, if he is linked with other clubs, it is not important to me.
“Morgan is part of our squad. When I finished the squad last Thursday, he will be here until the end, until January, with all of them.
“We have Morgan and JP [Gbamin] for that position.
“It is not the position to talk about Kevin and Niasse. You know my opinion on them. The market is open and it is possible something could happen.”

Iwobi Latest
“Now it’s a matter for us to put him in the best physical condition possible.
“He’s working really hard and well. It’s up to me whether I put Alex in the squad tomorrow.”

Stronger Squad?
“It’s a different squad. I have not said it is stronger or better. We have to prove that during the season.
“We signed good, important players but lost a very important player.
“We are not comparing one squad with the other.”

Fortress Goodison
“It’s important for us to play at Goodison. It’s really important for us to make Goodison our fortress.
“We finished last season playing really well with a fantastic connection with our fans.
“They play a key part during the game and was a big part of our season. In our best moments they were there and in other moments also. We did well together.”

On Watford
“What they try, I think all the teams try also, to get stronger and sign important players.
“Their style of play will not change in my opinion. It is clear what they tried to do.
“They already had a strong XI last season and it will be the same tomorrow.”

If you could do a synopsis like this for every pre match conference that would be boss.

Delph still out but has been training??!?!?1

Gomes a doubt but hasn't been training?????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!!??/

Warning, the following post contains large amounts of speculation:

Gomes has a full pre-season and is presumably a soft tissue injury that, if he can play without too much pain or limiting his movement, won't be in danger of aggravation by playing. Delph's is a hamstring and if it isn't fully better he can pull it again and worse. Also, he's played half of one preseason game.

Warning, the following post contains large amounts of speculation:

Gomes has a full pre-season and is presumably a soft tissue injury that, if he can play without too much pain or limiting his movement, won't be in danger of aggravation by playing. Delph's is a hamstring and if it isn't fully better he can pull it again and worse. Also, he's played half of one preseason game.

Delph played against Wigan, Mainz and Sevilla didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.