Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah stop.
Look at how irish sides do in Europe.
Some of Rovers better players didn't stand out in league 1 and 2 in England .
If Rovers were in the English championship they would finish the season on about 10 points.
OK my friend let's leave it there. We are not going to agree and that is fine.

I have much more important things going on in my life at the moment than to argue about things like this.

Have a nice weekend.

Gone slightly off a tangent this, I follow Irish football and go to games on a regular basis. Rovers wouldn't really compete in the championship. At best they would be midtable....

Some clubs have really improved the academy, I'm thinking Cork City, Rovers,
St Pat's. The academy model has changed because of Brexit and it will be to the benefit to Irish football in a few years. Loads of young lads have gone to Italy, Milan, AC, Benfica who have a real eye for talent have taken a few from Cork, and the German clubs have signed a few lads recently. The Shamrock rovers youth team played Arsenal,Spurs and someone else in a tournament recently and didn't even concede a goal.

Clubs are getting development fees and sell on Clauses. I think the day of 60k signings like Seamus Coleman are gone. Young lads aren't going to England much, Evan Ferguson the exception but that was made easy due to dual passport I think.

It would make no sense for Everton to come over here for a friendly. If they had any sense it should be to Japan or Equador. Look at the talent coming from there recently, I'm specifically thinking Brighton and Celtic as clubs really thinking outside the box for talent.

Everton have completely ignored its fanatical Irish fan base for years.

We played Rovers every year from about 66 to 72. It was what made me a Blue Rover. Seeing that 69/70 team at Milltown is something I will never forget.

Bally's white boots.

Here I am still loving that RBJ over 50 years later.
Yes i remember us playing Shamrock Rovers away most pre-seasons for many a year

Anyone going to Stade Nyommais away? We're flying over to Geneva on Thursday 13th and staying till Sunday :D I better get saving my beer tokens

I’d imagine next Monday considering the first friendly is two weeks on Friday

Ta.

With Dyche‘s training methods we really need to start doing some business to give him the best chance.

Oh, *llox forgot we don’t have a board in place to sanction deals

Fantastic

Ta.

With Dyche‘s training methods we really need to start doing some business to give him the best chance.

Oh, *llox forgot we don’t have a board in place to sanction deals

Fantastic

Yep, he deserves to have everyone in before pre season to get then up to speed but I'd be surprised if we aren't doing our usual crap mad dash for reinforcements in the last couple of days of the window again

Yep, he deserves to have everyone in before pre season to get then up to speed but I'd be surprised if we aren't doing our usual crap mad dash for reinforcements in the last couple of days of the window again

Ain’t that the truth

Hallejullah brother. It’s Ground hog day once more

Status
Not open for further replies.