Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PL , EFL, SPL etc made the decisions separately. IMO the right decision. Let the people of the country mourn. Some will not be bothered about mourning but I feel majority will. Those not from Britain or commonwealth have no say in the matter as far as I am concerned
How are you going to mourn today? If Everton took the lead tomorrow would you not have celebrated because you would’ve been busy mourning?

My son is autistic. We go to every Marine home match that doesn't clash with Everton. He can't go to Everton, because the crowds and the noise just overwhelm him.

Anyway, he's in a right friggin' mood. He doesn't cope well with plans being changed. So now I'm stuck in for the entire weekend because he just won't entertain the idea of doing anything else now.

Fuming, and feel bad for anybody who's shelled out to go to an away.

All the children in the country should be mourning for ten days, they should paint their ipads black as a sign of respect, and cry at least once an hour.

On the news yesterday, people outside the Palace, with their kids.

I'm appalled. Some kids will actually get really upset by this if they are dragged into the whole mourning thing. Keep the friggin' kids out of it. They don't need to be potentially getting upset about shabit like this.

I don't think it is for logistical reasons, it is a mark of respect.
Unfortunately too many on here seem to be completely lacking
What would be so disrespectful about football going ahead?

Also, if the sentiment is that a lot of the country are going to be genuinely upset or struggling with the news then if anything distractions are going to be good for people to take their mind off things and have a sense of normality. Not to mention how many people are going to end up out of pocket in the middle of a cost of living crisis. It's a ridiculous decision with nothing behind it other than people thinking about optics.

On the news yesterday, people outside the Palace, with their kids.

I'm appalled. Some kids will actually get really upset by this if they are dragged into the whole mourning thing. Keep the friggin' kids out of it. They don't need to be potentially getting upset about shabit like this.
Don’t worry mate, the children are our strength……

Difficult one.. Grandson is president of FA.

I personally don't get the mourning thing myself. Having seen her lots of times in bushy/Windsor parks out and about seemed a nice old dear. Doesn't impact my life so ?‍♂️

It's just the rest of them, the leaches, failed business which we needed to bail out etc.. as they can't be seen to fail.

Prince/Duchess of Kent being one. Right righteous bell ends and all because his cousin was the queen.

That's the bit which does my head in. Your either head of state and should be direct family which get that status not the others

But Id rather have a monarch than a president that is 100% for sure.

Don’t worry mate, the children are our strength……

Yeah, most kids are a lot more resilient than most adults.

It still doesn't sit right with me though. Dragging kids into it. Especially the younger ones. There was people there with pushchairs, looking all sad and teary. That's brilliant for a 3-year-old that, isn't it?

Their minds are full of wonder and imagination at that age. For some of them - for probably only a short amount of time, admittedly - it'll be upsetting.

They should be left well out of it, imo. If they don't ask about it, don;t tell them anything about it. I'm sure they'll pick up the historical significance of it as they get older, if that sort of thing takes their interest.

I feel a bit weird about the sentiment here. I get it, she's the Queen and all. But...I mean, what would happen if they played this weekend? Crowds be subdued? People not show up because of their grief? Don't really get the whole idea of postponing these when next weekend are almost certainly off due to the funeral.
Knee jerk reaction from the FA. They chose the easiest decision without a thought about anyone else who had booked travel, accommodation, time off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.