Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBF it's what the world does think. My 'in laws' (i'm not married but might as well be) are foreign - shocked that I wasn't all that bothered, but in fact was a tiny bit annoyed to find out that we don't get a day off.
Your in-laws aren't 'the world'.

Everyone was aware of her but there's no *meaning* to her death for anything other than an infinitesimal part of the world's population.

The BBC and the rest of the ruling elite would like you think so but it isn't true.

All matches should have gone ahead, and if they really had to observe this they should have played thier national anthem before the game and then gtf on with the games.

It's because the Royal Family and the politicians and the right wing media will demand silence from everyone that these games are off.

That is the truth of this.

Your in-laws aren't 'the world'.

Everyone was aware of her but there's no *meaning* to her death for anything other than an infinitesimal part of the world's population.

The BBC and the rest of the ruling elite would like you think so but it isn't true.
I work for a multinational organisation too.

And I watch 4 different news outlets in 4 continents during the day

and I have access to youtube and many many other social media outlets.

But sure Dave, just my inlaws plus the bbc and the ruling elites...

It was made - as we all know - because a lot of people wont observe the minute's silence.

It's utter bollocks to think that any other explanation is feasible given cricket and rugby union go ahead.
Could have just done minutes applause. Simple.
It's a sad indictment of our national sport when. People make excuses to not play games, cause some won't respect a moment of mourning.
Really days a lot about our nation.

Other than that
Reckon what has really happened is they expected all other sports to sack off the weekend, and got it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.