Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you hear this from teletext or something grandad?

Everton confirm Queen tributes​

Everton v West Ham (Sun, 14:30 BST)
Everton are the first Premier League club to confirm how they will pay tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth II this weekend. They will face West Ham and other clubs in the league are expected to make similar tributes to the late monarch.
Players from both teams will be led out of the tunnel by their respective managers and then will gather in the centre circle for a period of silence. This will be followed by the national anthem. Service personnel from the armed forces will be present at the match.
Players from both clubs will also wear a black armband and the flags at Goodison Park have been lowered to half mast, where they shall remain until the Queen's funeral on Monday. A picture of the Queen will also be shown on the big screen for a minute at 70 minutes of game play to honour the monarch's 70 year reign. Supporters will have the opportunity to applaud during the minute.
Getting out me seat more than normal then ha ha

Why 70 minutes as well? why two tributes? Can't be arsed, not doing it. Staying on me arse in me seat. I will be silent.

Getting out me seat more than normal then ha ha

Why 70 minutes as well? why two tributes? Can't be arsed, not doing it. Staying on me arse in me seat. I will be silent.
That is all that is needed. I heard the announcement at Watford saying 'We invite you to join in with the National Anthem'
Not a command an invitation....no one needs to take the invite up. The applause at 70 mins is up to the person to do or not to do.

Do you go the home games? Booing players after a disappointment is commonplace at all grounds. Booing the national anthem is not commonplace anywhere. I don't fancy having to explain to a 14 year old about the sick mentalities who boo the anthem. (Any anthem, be it Scottish, Welsh or Irish). She has been taught respect.
When you say any anthem, are you including, say, the Russian and North Korean anthems? Just to pick two other countries at random.

I really don’t understand the servile attitude some people are displaying in this thread. This forelock tugging crap is why the UK is in the state it’s in, why the likes of Johnson and his rich mates have been able to pull your pants down for the last 12 years, some of you are undoing your belts for them and then bending over.

As for the rehabilitation of the sex pest paedophile, boggles my mind that there’s been little to no outrage shown.

As for the rehabilitation of the sex pest paedophile, boggles my mind that there’s been little to no outrage shown.
What outrage have you shown mert ?

Feel free to write a letter, email or even a good old fashioned phone call to the Palace.
Maybe print a banner or Boo at your TV screen.
Or would you much rather sit back & be outraged at the lack of outrage others show.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.