Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbing IP addresses and then without evidence posting that as a jab at someone for where they are allegedly from, which also plays to “outsider” attitudes about what makes a “real fan.”

I came here to discuss and have an exchange and I can barely recall one poster responding other than accusations, calling me a hypocrite, and attempts at bullying and mockery.

Wanted to find one person here who can discuss without sounding like I robbed you blind. Even when I acknowledge things that’s not good enough. Seems I have to just agree with you entirely and that’s it. No give just take.

I never said City fans are all saints, nor is the Club. I acknowledge you may have reasons to be angry that are fair, but maybe some of the way it was handled is worth discussing. But that’s not good enough to consider maybe I’m not simply an ignorant [Poor language removed] worth trying to use.

I read someone say it is a bit rich for City fans to cry about being “classy.”

How does treatment of my efforts for dialogue sound then? If I came across rude that was not my intent.
I think you’ve misunderstood. I’m no Evertonian.

I am convinced city have done something dodgy. Because they didn’t want to lose with no defence or attack

madness really.

Personally I don’t care as footy seems a bit of sham at the moment but how any City fan can throw anything at Everton over simply questioning their pure kopiteish behaviour is astounding. Never expected it of them. Maybe it’s the red half of Manchester who are the proper team.

Grabbing IP addresses and then without evidence posting that as a jab at someone for where they are allegedly from, which also plays to “outsider” attitudes about what makes a “real fan.”

I came here to discuss and have an exchange and I can barely recall one poster responding other than accusations, calling me a hypocrite, and attempts at bullying and mockery.

Wanted to find one person here who can discuss without sounding like I robbed you blind. Even when I acknowledge things that’s not good enough. Seems I have to just agree with you entirely and that’s it. No give just take.

I never said City fans are all saints, nor is the Club. I acknowledge you may have reasons to be angry that are fair, but maybe some of the way it was handled is worth discussing. But that’s not good enough to consider maybe I’m not simply an ignorant [Poor language removed] worth trying to use.

I read someone say it is a bit rich for City fans to cry about being “classy.”

How does treatment of my efforts for dialogue sound then? If I came across rude that was not my intent.
It's mainly just ribbing mate - you will last longer here if you take it on the chin and don't start writing paragraphs through your tears about how persecuted man city fans are. Are you honestly expecting any sympathy on here after your club's recent history?!

Definitely strange this
"guys we have an outbreak(and no defense or genuine attacking options besides KdB). We need a postponement"

*day later*

"we're good, outbreak contained ONE DAY LATER"

City supporter here.

I haven’t read this entire thread, but seems to me this:

Everton are well within their right to ask the PL what happened. However, the question is why did someone think it wise to publish that statement publicly rather than raise it with the PL internally? And why not say anything regarding support towards those who contracted it or something like this?

I think it’s safe to say City’s reputation amongst certain loud fans and journalists is that of “cheaters” “human rights violators” “state owned” and “ruining football” with “no/plastic fans” “cheque book managers” etc.

Whenever Ian Darke comments on City games he constantly lists player fees, and only this season have I noticed less of the cost of the squad other than he as I have heard it regularly in UK broadcasts of games especially against lower opposition. Maybe some don’t notice City’s reputation was so poor, but surely you would have to live in a bubble.

Whoever wrote that statement must have known that Everton would gain sympathy from the long list of fans/journalists who would jump to the idea that it’s “that state owned club City at it again.” Left wing journalists who openly dispise City like Phillippe Auclaire and a human rights documentary film maker (Liverpool supporter I believe) raise questions as soon as the statement is made. The more Tory/pro-Brexit oriented hate City as well as outsiders.

This plays right to that tune, when I wonder if or why they felt it had to be made officially by the club. The lack of positive comment about City also implies that you think City may be “cheating” or hiding something to postpone the game and that maybe the PL glossed over this too easily.

Btw, for anyone still reading, I have defended or at least openly wondered if there were good reasons for Everton’s to ask this publicly. I have tried to determine by debating and asking questions on PL policies regarding COVID, issues with fixture congestion during this period and bank holidiays if that affected the delay and could that be a factor, etc. to other City supporters and journalists. That has gotten me in some fans’ sights, when I was trying hard to empathize with Everton’s reasoning. So I am very much interested in being fair.

respect.

Not sure what you expected joining an Everton forum but lets just say it as it is eh. City had a few key players unable to play due to various reasons including injuries and positive covid tests and hence did not fancy coming to Goodison park and having to put out a weakened team against a team that are confident and on a winning spree and in front of 2000 of their supporters and so they used their considerable influence with the PL and kept Everton out of any discussions using Covid pandemic as the perfect excuse to get out of it.

It is impossible to go from a full on Covid outbreak crisis where you cannot field 14 players to back to training as normal in 2 days.

It is obvious to everyone apart from City supporters and i am delighted that Everton's hierarchy are taking your club and the PL to task about it because your clubs behaviour was cowardly, shameful and an absolute disgrace to be honest.

Last edited:
Everton issuing a public request for clarification hopefully means it won't simply get tossed in the round bin and forgotten, like things involving Everton usually are. Bottom line, if the PL and/or someone at City had brought Everton into the loop at the outset, this vale of Blue Moon tears could have been avoided.

Basically City have said “we have players with symptoms” on matchday, and forced the PL’s hand, and miraculously when tested, none of them had covid a few days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.