Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
City fans feel EXTREMELY victimised from the media over the years, and of course going back to issues with United’s fans treatment towards them for generations, but very much also about the feeling about how the club is portrayed.

So whenever something seems like it plays into that fans get very upset and feel it further justifies this. Even fans who don’t share the vitriol can be attacked. It becomes a siege mentality, that I will say makes a lot of sense to me, because I can see it too.

We all can see things easier when they make sense to us, even if they aren’t always entirely true in every instance.

It relates to how City are portrayed vs. Liverpool for example. Actually City fans as far as I can recall generally have had more adoration and respect towards your club and fans prior to this.

If you canfor a moment to step into the shoes of what City fans feel you can understand this.

There have even been writers, respected ones, who have pointed this out so it’s maybe not just a delusion, but based on what is experienced and seen. That’s how people come to their views.

I am genuinely trying to do that here and am listening. Sad tribalism that makes football fun at times can also lead to more negative aspects.

Well if thats the case elsewhere then thats the case elswhere. In danger of sounding like a parrot we dont care about how you are seen in the media. If anything you may have just lost a slight ally in this by walloping Everton all over social media.
Not that we'll either lose any sleep over it.

Alright Tyson Furry...

tenor.gif

Haha. Nobody boils piss like we do mate.
Grabbing IP addresses and then without evidence posting that as a jab at someone for where they are allegedly from, which also plays to “outsider” attitudes about what makes a “real fan.”

I came here to discuss and have an exchange and I can barely recall one poster responding other than accusations, calling me a hypocrite, and attempts at bullying and mockery.

Wanted to find one person here who can discuss without sounding like I robbed you blind. Even when I acknowledge things that’s not good enough. Seems I have to just agree with you entirely and that’s it. No give just take.

I never said City fans are all saints, nor is the Club. I acknowledge you may have reasons to be angry that are fair, but maybe some of the way it was handled is worth discussing. But that’s not good enough to consider maybe I’m not simply an ignorant [Poor language removed] worth trying to use.

I read someone say it is a bit rich for City fans to cry about being “classy.”

How does treatment of my efforts for dialogue sound then? If I came across rude that was not my intent.

Grabbing IP addresses and then without evidence posting that as a jab at someone for where they are allegedly from, which also plays to “outsider” attitudes about what makes a “real fan.”

I came here to discuss and have an exchange and I can barely recall one poster responding other than accusations, calling me a hypocrite, and attempts at bullying and mockery.

Wanted to find one person here who can discuss without sounding like I robbed you blind. Even when I acknowledge things that’s not good enough. Seems I have to just agree with you entirely and that’s it. No give just take.

I never said City fans are all saints, nor is the Club. I acknowledge you may have reasons to be angry that are fair, but maybe some of the way it was handled is worth discussing. But that’s not good enough to consider maybe I’m not simply an ignorant [Poor language removed] worth trying to use.

I read someone say it is a bit rich for City fans to cry about being “classy.”

How does treatment of my efforts for dialogue sound then? If I came across rude that was not my intent.

You've not signed up to "hear our point of view". You got that when you read the thread in the first place. You've signed up to try and convince people of your own point of view and have no intention of changing yours one iota. You're going to fail before eventually flouncing off to a City forum and saying you used to have respect for everton fans, but you've now realised we're just like kopites, like 90% of other opposition fans who make this age old mistake.

You've not signed up to "hear our point of view". You got that when you read the thread in the first place. You've signed up to try and convince people of your own point of view and have no intention of changing yours one iota. You're going to fail before eventually flouncing off to a City forum and saying you used to have respect for everton fans, but you've now realised we're just like kopites, like 90% of other opposition fans who make this age old mistake.
The circle of life

Status
Not open for further replies.