Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fine but there shold be consistency.

Have they not got 11 full time pro's they can put out?
Unfortunately within the PL the consistent move is to postpone like Villa and Newcastle was. League Cup is a different competition with different dates available to play the games.

I also think making Orient forfeit was the wrong decision and two wrongs don't make a right as the saying goes.

Edit: The League Cup semi isn't far away though and that should be forfeited if they can't play as that is consistent with what they've done before.

City have at least 6/7 players out, on top of 5/6 staff

That’s an outbreak. It’s not worth risking our players and our safety by playing them.

The thing is, after the Gabriel/Walker positives, the same risks existed without any further testing due to how COVID works.

So if safety is suddenly their most pressing issue, cancel any game featuring any club that has one infection, or better yet call off football altogether.

I dono I thought maybe we would have got a result out of necessity due to parking the bus. We get out players back and it's an open game we might get trashed
dunno man, Richarlison, James, Digne, Allan could all be back, those four with our new found defensive solidity have a better chance of beating city in an open game than the team he would have played tonight sitting back and counting on Davies and Gomes getting a sniff in midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.