Positives from the West Ham game? And who would you start vs City?

Thoughts on today's performance?

• Lukaku!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!

• Good, coulda been better...

• Decent, still woeful, but a step in the right direction...

• Terrible, sack the Catalan clown right now or im going Manure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aar_the_Toffees

Player Valuation: £10m
Well, it certainly wasn't as good as last season, but its a small light at the end of the tunnel, right? And small lights lead to promised land- which hopefully will happen to us...

This game certainly wasn't brilliant, and Jagielka, Barry, Distin all made errors that could've cost us a goal- and certainly will vs City if they reoccur. But all in all, we could see glimpses of last season's brilliance- and that Wigan goalkeeper, pretty good today right?

What do you think today's positives were? Things to work on? It certainly is a step in the right direction. And though it wasn't brilliant, i somewhat enjoyed it.

Oh, and OVIEDO BABY!!!!!!!!

Positives

Robles having his best game
Not getting beat in a game of football
Late goals can be a kick start after a bad run
Lukaku made made some real good runs with the ball from the middle of the park
Oviedo getting a start
We seemed to do more crosses than we have been doing
The team didnt get booed off!!

Positives: Lukaku

Mixing up tiki taki with hoofball

Robles making some fine saves

Oviedo Baby starting the game and lasting 90 minutes

McGeady's contribution as sub and the tenacity he showed for the goal.

I suppose I could pick some negatives but I am too relieved ;)

tumblr_n9r0ebP4EE1tixsndo1_400.gif

+ Rom's best game for as long as I can remember
+ Robles' most assured performance since his arrival
+ Flashes of brilliance on the counter-attack (something which we have shown lots of in Europe but infrequently in the league)

Also how fast we tried to get forward at times, ok there was a lot of misplaced forward passes but when your attacking with a bit more pace that is always going to happen. Much prefare that to slow pass pass pass boardom.

Oviedo was lively, robles had his best game in an everton jersey, Lukaku played lights out(deserved 2 goals but thats another story). It was a much better performance, there's still much to improve upon though

I'm not really all that convinced we can get anything against City, they are just too strong, I am just hoping for a good performance and that they don't score too many

Mainly, I'd say we mixed it up a bit. Right from the first whistle there were balls going down the channels and looking to go direct for Lukaku.
Winston Reid was MOM for them with James Collins not far behing, so its telling that their best two players were defenders

Martinez' team selection was fine
Lukaku looked like the striker we thought we were signing. Good play and got a goal. Won a few in the air too.
Oviedo played 90 minutes
We fought back when up against it
We actually had some shots on target
Barry looked like a footballer and was similar to last season. Also didn't make any pointless late Hietinga/Phil Neville type tackles which put the defence under pressure like he usually does
Barkley made some good runs forward
Robles didn't look dodgy at any point

Was happy with them last night seeing as it's an awful run we're on and we just didn't need another defeat.

Depending on who is available I'd like the line-up to be:

Robles

Coleman - Stones - Jags (gulp) - Garbutt (Corner/FK Duty)

Besic - Baines

Mirallas - Barkley - Oviedo

Lukaku

I like that team!! I don't think Bobby will drop Barry tho

Status
Not open for further replies.