6 + 2 Point Deductions

Any chance of a summary? In work and won't get chance to listen
It's was a short interview. Asked about the points deductions and he's highlighted the differences in how we have been penalised. Also that the Premier League can't be allowed to hand out deductions as and when without any clear reasoning. Its all stuff we've heard before but good that He's taking the time to highlight it again on a show like this.

Mentioned about it being unfair, “Forest getting 4 points for x, but Everton getting 6 for y”.

He also mentioned that he would take it to the court of arbitration (or something) as its unfair, but cant talk for or tell EFC what do do.

Talked about how the PL rushed our punishment because they feared the independent commision but considered a more cautious, fairer punishment for Forest.

He mentioned the (perceived?) formula of 6 points for breaking the rules then a point for every 5 million, etc, initially used on us, but used another forumla for Forest. And nobody knew or still knows what the rules were exactly.

He also said he supported the Forest MPs saying it should all be thrown out due to the inconsistency etc.

Good interview tbh, just too short.

I can confirm she has been on this forum in the past but not since she got the job at the club.

We do this mad thing in our house where we talk about stuff 😂

She's told me off for posting stuff about her work before though so slapped wrist here.
OIP (4).jpeg

Hola,… long time no-poster :bye:

My simple take on it FWIW…

At our second hearing one of our arguments should be on the principle of consistency and fairness across all the hearings…

Soooo….…the new benchmark as I understand it set by NF hearing is 3 points for a breach and 3 points extra if a significant breach… so in theory we could get done for another 6… but surely double jeopardy must come into play to reduce that to around 2 (or maybe 1 point if we are just over the threshold, depends on state of 22/23 accounts)… then factor in our first punishment of 10 (then reduced to 6) which when compared to NF’s judgement appears unduly harsh, this could / should be taken into consideration (or put forward as a mitigating factor based on simple fairness) to get us to ‘nul points’ (or a suspended, transfer embargo or something else non-point related)… I know, I know for too sensible… reality is PL/Commission will be using their patented origami finger game framework to decide the outcome…

Capture.PNG

Just putting my tuppence worth posting out there in the interweb whamosphere J… I’ll pipe down now and go back to lurking and never posting J. I love Everton to bits but this has been stressing me out for ages now!:rant: (like everyone else). I should just be fuming about getting beat on the pitch!!o_O

Ps nailed on we will get +6 like....

Hola,… long time no-poster :bye:

My simple take on it FWIW…

At our second hearing one of our arguments should be on the principle of consistency and fairness across all the hearings…

Soooo….…the new benchmark as I understand it set by NF hearing is 3 points for a breach and 3 points extra if a significant breach… so in theory we could get done for another 6… but surely double jeopardy must come into play to reduce that to around 2 (or maybe 1 point if we are just over the threshold, depends on state of 22/23 accounts)… then factor in our first punishment of 10 (then reduced to 6) which when compared to NF’s judgement appears unduly harsh, this could / should be taken into consideration (or put forward as a mitigating factor based on simple fairness) to get us to ‘nul points’ (or a suspended, transfer embargo or something else non-point related)… I know, I know for too sensible… reality is PL/Commission will be using their patented origami finger game framework to decide the outcome…

View attachment 249521

Just putting my tuppence worth posting out there in the interweb whamosphere J… I’ll pipe down now and go back to lurking and never posting J. I love Everton to bits but this has been stressing me out for ages now!:rant: (like everyone else). I should just be fuming about getting beat on the pitch!!o_O

Ps nailed on we will get +6 like....
Your analysis is completely right mate, at the end of the day for all the more technical arguments all the public really want to see is consistency and fairness, and when you see 35m for them = 4 points and 20m for us = 6 points that feels hard to justify. And now if our second is under 15m faced with the possibility of getting even more points when our two breaches combined are less than their one.

Personally I think through the stronger arguments we have in mitigation, the double counting issue and the need for basic fairness if our breach is reasonable (in single digits of millions, say) there is a decent chance we don't get points on the second charge. But all the different hearings have shown is that it's guesswork, which is a farcical situation for a matter this important.