6 + 2 Point Deductions

I'm starting to wonder if our mitigating circumstance relating to sponsorship money was turned down for the sole fact it was Russian money. It's a bit conspiratorial but could us being treated so harshly be related to us being backed by a sanctioned Russian Oligarch?

I think they’re trying to be as ruthless as possible without being the direct reason for a team being relegated.

If they got a punishment proportionate to what we got, they’d have been hit with 8-12points which likely would’ve been the end of them.

That’s the only potential reasoning I can find behind their decision but maybe I’m giving them too much credit.

I'm starting to wonder if our mitigating circumstance relating to sponsorship money was turned down for the sole fact it was Russian money. It's a bit conspiratorial but could us being treated so harshly be related to us being backed by a sanctioned Russian Oligarch?

Which is dead weird, since the Premier League ok'ed for Moshiri and Usmanov to buy us.

Nah, there’s no logic to that.

I've said many times they've got it in for us because of Usmanov links, it makes them look incompetent for passing Moshiri as fit & proper when he's clearly not and just a front for a now sanctioned Russian Oligarch

I've said many times they've got it in for us because of Usmanov links, it makes them look incompetent for passing Moshiri as fit & proper when he's clearly not and just a front for a now sanctioned Russian Oligarch
Sorry, but no.

Who is ‘they’ ?

The Premier League? They don’t care about Russian money.

The government? They’d only intervene for a PR win - and since they’ve not mentioned it there’s no PR to be won.

Nah, there’s no logic to that.
There's no logic to Forest getting 2 points back for 'fully co-operating' while our same mitigation r.e. co-operating was denied.

I'd argue our mitigation relating to loss of sponsorship is far more reasonable considering it's 100% true, the reasons for denying this mitigation was also pretty vague, 'you should've been prepared' was basically the reasoning right? There's no logic to that!

tbf mate, it doesn't really matter how any supporter comes up with whatever deduction we get. There's no real rhyme or reason to what these independent panels are doing other than what is 100% abundantly clear is -

1. They're he'll bent on damaging the name of Everton Football Club
2. They're giving it their best shot to relegate us

To be fair on that second point we've given our own best shot to do that over the past few seasons.